Hot weather summertime carry guns!

Don’t sweat it, mquinn55.

Lots of us old farts are hiding our youthful figures under a coat of extra padding.

And besides, how much you weigh has very little to do with how well you shoot or what you know and do in the gun world.

5 Likes

I still carry a g19g4 in my waistband.

5 Likes

I carry the same gun in the winter or the summer and in exactly the same way (S&W 9c). I carry off body. In the winter drawing from under a parka is ridiculous and carry in the summer when I’m almost naked and w/o a belt is impossible. But my Maxpedition Fatboy works no matter what I wear for clothing. Also, no more wear clothing for the morning and by the afternoon it was the wrong choice but now I’m committed and I sweat my bag off.

2 Likes

BrianK:

S&W M&P 9c - great gun!

I would edc it if I could figure out how I could carry it.

1 Like

I like an OWB with a Ruger LC 9s. Even with extended mag it will fit under thin cloths without printing. A lot of it is how you walk. Think humble and know one will know.

2 Likes

S&W Bodyguard 380, Galloway trigger, Federal ammo, w/Alabama pocket holster. Carry in front pocket of my shorts. Light weight, comfortable while driving, and nobody knows it’s there.

4 Likes

I live in Central Texas and my Walther PPQ is my carry gun year round.

Good belt, good holster, specific wardrobe choices. It’s all one and the same. I don’t carry for comfort, I carry for maximum protection and my PPQ gives me the capacity, reliability, and quality trigger I want.

4 Likes

This will be the first summer I’ll be carrying my SP2022 full-time. I carried it a little during the winter, and it was noticeably bigger. If all else fails, I downsize to a 229.

1 Like

Normal EDC is: a G32 appendix, with a spare mag, Spyderco Mannix & a leatherman, chapstick/lip balm, a AA flashlight of some kind (currently an Olight S1A Baton…but I think I prefer my old Fenix PD12), a Bic lighter, a second, smaller pocketknife (Sypderco Dragonfly) that goes inside my pocket. That’s it. I’d like to add in a small first aid kit, but honestly I’m running out of space.

1 Like

Fanny packs, bruh. Or get a confederate Dora the Explorer backpack like @Robert

1 Like

HA! Steal my son’s Paw Patrol gear…

Fanny pack. :thinking:
Usually worn in front. More like a marsupial pack. But that’s too hard to spell.
And come on… isn’t a fanny pack akin to a man bun?

3 Likes

Maybe , I dont use them. Trannies scare me.

2 Likes

@Plisskyn, That’s a whole lot of gear for pair of shorts and a t-shirt are you running into printing issues carrying all that stuff.
The Fenix PD12 is a good torch I replaced mine with a TK16

2 Likes

Shorts? On the rare occasion I wear shorts, they are cargo shorts with the same pockets I have in my normal pants. It sounds like a lot of gear, but it really isn’t. I worry about printing with the pistol…I don’t care about the rest of my gear. Never been made, and my wife says she can’t tell. Normally carry the pistol appendix under a t-shirt, or a t-shirt tucked in with an overshirt of some kind, usually a snap up.

3 Likes

I like the TK16 a lot…but stick to AA flashlights for EDC/TEOTWAWKI scenarios.

2 Likes

For a girl, it’s really difficult since most summer clothes don’t even have a belt loop. Belly bands are too hot and not easy to draw from. So I fashioned a padded strip with belt loops on it so I can use my regular gun belt. I can wear that with draw string shorts or capris and my gun is right where I need it.

6 Likes

(-Mrs. Switchpod)

In the summer I’ll use an iwb holster to carry my Ruger LCP under my left arm secured to my bra. It’s comfortable and allows me to wear most anything I want without overly printing.

-Mrs. Switchpod

4 Likes

All right mrs.Switchpod outstanding!

3 Likes

There’s times when I’m too lazy to put on proper pants w/loops to take the dog on a walk. I still throw on my gun belt & wear a thin, cool snap down cover shirt.

3 Likes