How do you like your chili?

The question is incomplete. There is more than one kind of bean. And many people put multiple kinds in their mix. The worst of all being kidney beans, which are of the devil.

6 Likes

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

We make a decent homemade chili that includes kidney beans. Not a lot, just enough to add some texture and consistency. Also put in black olives and go really heavy on the meat.

But when I’m out for lunch you just can’t beat a 3-way chili and chili dog from Skyline. If you’ve never had Skyline you haven’t lived!
:yum:

5 Likes

Spill the beans @Belt-Fed why are you asking incomplete questions about satanic beans??

4 Likes

Meh, ya know some people are too technical. either ya like beans or you don’t. a bean is a bean. whether it’s a great northern or a kidney. they are beans.

4 Likes

Guess I shoulda specified types of meat too.

4 Likes

Same here. Some beans are good, but not too much. It’s all about the meat and spices for me.

5 Likes

So no confessing up to SRA with beans?

3 Likes

LOL, Us black folks ain’t into that devil wordshippin stuff.

5 Likes

@Caw seems like he might be

4 Likes

Not until I moved to Indiana have I ever seen chili put on top of spaghetti noodles. They served that at Steak 'n Shake.
Such a sad sight.

5 Likes

^ This.

I’ve been known to secretly use…

…with most of the sauce drained out. Add my custom personal set of spices and call it a campin’ or outdoor meal.

5 Likes

Well yeah, Steak and Shake chili: :face_vomiting:

You need some Skyline: :yum:

6 Likes

I don’t know my wife’s chili recipe but I ain’t letting her change a thing about it. It’s got kidney beans and mushrooms and onions and several different kinds of tomatoes and lots of other stuff like sausage and hamburger meat and lots of spices. Sometimes venison too. Different kinds of peppers too.

7 Likes

That’s not chili mate. That is goulash. Sounds good, but it ain’t no chili. :wink:

edit
Make no mistake, I’d eat the hell out of it though!

3 Likes

Lol whatever it is it’s damn good and family members ask for it on special occasions.

5 Likes

Texans take their chili seriously.

5 Likes

mmmm, I bet she could toss in more onion and it wouldn’t hurt :laughing: :laughing:

5 Likes

Yes, yes we do. That’s about the only Texan thing I’ll push–well that and BBQ and Sweet Tea. With the latter not being able to do property by any of the other states. Period.

7 Likes

Florida makes the best sweet tea. North Florida that is.

5 Likes