How many here dry fire at all or regularly?

That’s how I started decades ago. Now I just refuse to watch it.

9 Likes

It’s all fun until the other dog wants to play ball :rofl::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

But hearing that click while on pig face nancy or moochelles wife is quite calming :grinning:
Try draw and fire when a rat pops up on the boob tube.

5 Likes

I do

6 Likes

When I work from home, I dry fire during meetings. One time I wasn’t on mute and someone asked what the sounds were coming over the phone :flushed:

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Guess my name

I don’t do it enough but need to practice more dry firing. Do y’all use snap caps when you dry fire?

7 Likes

I don’t . You’ll never harm a quality centerfire gun by dry fire. If I dry fire a rimfire that states not to dry fire I use a piece of spent brass to cushion the hammer and rotate it each time.

7 Likes

I’m getting into pistol competitions like USPSA and IDPA, and some of the seasoned guys were telling me to dry fire. I now do draw and dry fire practices for about 30 mins every other day. I have noticed a big improvement on draw speed, target acquisition, and hits on target when I have range sessions.

7 Likes

I don’t use snap caps with my center fire guns, but use spent brass for the rimfires.

6 Likes

Good thing they can’t hear what the little voices are screaming too :scream:

6 Likes

Being a Cyber Security person… they know that there are little voices in my head and that I do Costco runs for tinfoil for my hat. :pleading_face:

7 Likes

RF fabric is much more effective, more comfortable and affords more ability to blend in under a Bears cap

5 Likes

6th one deleted it?

5 Likes

Who said that?!?! :hear_no_evil:

4 Likes

They did! Shush!

4 Likes

No snap caps for me, only in rimfire guns. and been doing it for a long time, with NO problems. Some of my firearms have over 50,000 rounds thru them, and 3 times that in dry firing.

7 Likes

When I used to compete regularly I dry fired every day.
But now I use airguns instead.
They have a distinct advantage over dry fire.
They make actual holes in the targets.
Much more realistic and effective practice.

6 Likes

Air guns are a great idea @g.willikers! You must be really good at drywall repair by now. :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m not sure when, but I was on Camp Sullivan, it was 5 or 6 years ago. Somebody doing dry fire exercises in his room, found out the hard way he wasn’t doing a dry fire. The man he hit recovered and returned to the project.

4 Likes