How to hide your safe (room)

I’ve been struggling with how to hide my safe room from thiefs and the Government (sorry about being redundant) and I want to stay away from the obvious pre-fab bookcase Murphy Doors. I’m trying to make it look as plain and ordinary as possible, but I’m not a master carpenter so I’ll have to use some trickery.
I’ve got this to work with - the wall is 8 X 14 and has one drain clean out to work around.
Any advice?

13 Likes

Hiding from common thieves is one thing, the government thieves may have scan/x-ray/detectors for finding secret rooms/guns hidden in walls? Enough drug lords & mob boss palaces have been hit , & they got a pretty good idea how & where to search…so I hear…

9 Likes

I think I would have a few stashed at different locations . If you can afford it rent small storage units under a different name and put a few weapons there.

10 Likes

I know a pawn broker that refitted the basement of a old farm house on his family farm . He has enough stored there to arm a small army . But to look at the place you would not think anyone had been in it for decades. Sad part is he is the last of his family left so there is no telling what will happen to it when he is gone.

9 Likes

Think underground

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’d say its simple, you need a large Biden tapastry and place some candles and other shrine items around it

Any normal people will immediately vomit and vacate

and the others will kneel and worship

at no point will anyone dare go beyond :wink:

9 Likes

Well, the room is in my unfinished basement, so technically it is underground. In fact, it’s under my front porch so it’s surrounded by concrete on all sides.

6 Likes

Honestly, if I just put a Biden sign in my yard most criminals would assume my home contained zero firearms and wouldn’t look further. But they would then see me as an easy mark and I would have to test out my home invasion strategies. Win- win?

8 Likes

Not so hidden. I know right where it is. Zombie Apocalypse side quest to your house to secure your guns and ammo.

8 Likes

Yeah, except he lives in a single wide and its a ploy to get you to bring your guns, ammo and gasoline to his house thinking he’s the easy target

8 Likes

It’s a basement, you could do a ‘paneled’ wall where the seams look like part of the design, but there’s hidden rollers on the inside so it just slides out.

8 Likes

I was suggesting an alliterative to the basement idea, as has already been stated if you are worried about the powers that be doing a search of your home they have toys that will defeat any ideas you will come up with. They have been searching house for drugs and weapons for a long time, Cache supplies at different locations outside of your home, underground in sealed PVC tubes with oxygen removing packages, the storage facility in another name is also a valid idea (pay with a MO), Think outside the box, don’t put all your eggs in one basket and good luck. I wish I had this problem but those damn boating accidents have left me pretty much defenseless

8 Likes

lol, something like this from a truck parked out front of your home, or, satellites ?

6 Likes

yeah that would do it

I didn’t even get into 10% of what I could have suggested or y’all would have had to come up with a tin foil hat badge for me :infowars:

8 Likes

Hey, a tin foil hat badge is NOT a bad idea! :grin:

8 Likes

I’ve never seen a vault door that opened to the inside before. The idea I have is for smaller safes, but maybe you could adopt it to your application. I don’t want to publicly express it, so I’ll send you a msg.

6 Likes

Good enough?

https://forum.full30.com/badges/118/tin-foil-hat

8 Likes

And how do I go about getting that one?

7 Likes

Protective AND stylish!

7 Likes

Are you a “T.I.”?

9 Likes