How to make gunpowder

It goes to show that you’re never too old to learn something new… At least for me anyhow.

With that said, I just finished watching the videos below that clearly shows how to make gunpowder from urine.

Yeah, that’s right, from urine! Pheww wee!!!

Anyhow, it prompted me to create this thread with the intend that it will encourage other Full30 members to share more ‘How to’ type information for survival.

I’m sure we can come up with many more survival type topics that could prove beneficial one day if, or when the SHTF.

3 Likes

Good idea. Does everyone know how to make Tannerite?

2 Likes

No, but give a little time and I’m sure I might be able to figure it out. :laughing:

1 Like

The product consists of two components: a fuel mixed with a catalyst or sensitizer, and a bulk material or oxidizer. The fuel/catalyst mixture is 90% 600-mesh dark flake aluminum powder, combined with the catalyst that is a mixture of 5% 325-mesh titanium sponge and 5% 200-mesh zirconium hydride (with an earlier patent listing 5% zirconium hydroxide). The oxidizer is a mixture of 85% 200-mesh ammonium nitrate and 15% ammonium perchlorate.

Or so the patent claims.

2 Likes

You are aware that the gunpowder factories, the ones run by experts, occasionally blow up.
And when they do it’s not a little bitty kaboom.
Entire buildings disappear.
Just a thought.

3 Likes

Making your own powder scares the hell out of me. I learned how to make it from a buddy. I’d rather just buy it at this point in my life.

2 Likes

Besides, I don’t need any extra explosives. This is what happens when me and my 7 year old daughter are left alone.

4 Likes