How to Promote my content more

@TheRogueBanshee, thanks for all the input the lighting is major issue

5 Likes

I’ve been doing this for over five years and still learning.

I have a kit very much like that, it’s all packed up, I don’t use it because of a lack of space. I replaced all my overhead lights with 6500 k lights. I have one ring light I use that I can move around.

5 Likes

I really appreciate everyone’s input, my experience is more patient care haha definitely not filming. You guys have been awesome on the support!!

4 Likes

Having a dedicated studio really helps.

8 Likes

@Tactical_Reviews that’s pretty intense…your armory is a turn on!..I mean that in a good way!!

5 Likes

Because you didnt have your wife proofread & edit it😂

5 Likes

You have no idea how true that is

6 Likes

all those gadgets and still rockin the analog clock!

4 Likes

Changed a couple of things around…no where awesome as yours @Tactical_Reviews but it’s a start!!:smile::smile:

5 Likes

Sorry I’m late to the show here. @ABTC_inc I saw the video you wanted critiqued. Let me say this. I am new to guns, unlike many here. I am also a woman. I am also intimidated by shotguns, especially a 12 ga., and I have never done videos or made videos for the internet so lighting and editing aren’t something I can help with. With that said, here are my thoughts. With the title of “Wifey Training On A 12 ga. Pump Action Shotgun for Home Defense” I would have hoped that I could learn something too, but I didn’t. My fears of the gun and not being knowlegable of that particular gun were not addressed or eased by your video. I couldn’t hear your training to her at the range, and that’s over 2-1/2 minutes of your video and the word TRAINING was in your title. I would have clicked off of the video at that point and looked elsewhere for a video that would have helped me. Also, I personally would prefer someone promote themselves and where they can be found at the end of the video, so that if your video was indeed something I would like to see more of, you’ve told me right there at the end and I can go track you down immediately on other platforms and be reminded to subscribe. The last 15 seconds of your video, right before the video ends, in my opinion, is where you should have started, in explaining the shotgun and how it functions and how to hold it, and what to expect. This video, I believe, is trying to appeal to someone in your wife’s position, so gear your video to do just that, explain something that is scary and intimidating to your audience. Then when she shoots it, let us get a good look (from the side, preferably) of her shooting it. I shot a 30-30 one day that my EX-husband handed me and when I pulled the trigger I went flying back into the sliding glass door. Had I been coached or informed, I would have either never fired the thing or had a better stance and prepared myself. Watching someone shoot is different than shooting it yourself. Not all women out there have a husband who will explain things and some don’t have a husband at all. We are relying on men and women in videos now, to teach us. Being new to guns, there are a million videos out there of men shooting up crap all day long while they rattle on about their new silencers and scopes and superman ammo, but none of that helps me so I don’t watch. I am searching for videos that will teach me the fundamentals. Guns for Dummies 101. By the way, would your wife choose the shotgun for home defense or a semi auto rifle? Good luck to you on your channel. I look forward to seeing your content on Full30.

7 Likes

@RedAngel,
Your input helped more than you know. I am so thankful of everyone’s support here in the gun community…each and every encounter has been a positive influence on my wife, myself, and my cause. The next vid should be better with lighting, content, and editing. By no means to be claimed an expert on the next vid but I definitely feel We have gained a lot of knowledge from all of you…really appreciate, cheers!!

6 Likes

First, your studio is looking good. Second, IMO, your goal for each video should be to make it a little better than the video before it. Don’t compare to other creators, just try to improve each time. Less stressful that way. Lastly, as mentioned above. Show the training. Have your wife explain what she’s learned. Always emphasize safety.

4 Likes

@Tactical_Reviews always a pleasure reading your input…thanks you all made some really good suggestions!!

4 Likes

@RedAngel here is your video on shotgun basics 101…

5 Likes

Thank you @ABTC_inc That was very helpful. I also didn’t know anything about the shotgun shells. I like that your wife went up to the camera so we could see what she was pointing at. It’s always good to get an up close view, especially with my bad eye sight and since so many guns are black it’s hard to ever see much detail from too far awaay. I have a question, the lever for switching the barrels. Do you shoot everything (if you had to) from one tube, then when it is empty, you switch to the second tube? And two, how do you know you’ve emptied one tube (if you are not counting as you fire)? Will it just not fire if you’ve emtied the tube or give you an indication that one tube is empty so you can switch tubes? I can’t wait for you to maybe set up an outdoor range so that you can fire some things in a quieter setting than the public indoor range. I subscribed to your channel.

7 Likes

@RedAngel, thank you for your subscribe it helps!! The answer to your question is yes, if you are not counting then you would dry fire ( pull the trigger and noting would go off) at that point use the tube selector to switch tubes. I would not recommend this shotgun for first timers because of the pump action (that’s just my two cents):wink:; however, a gun is a gun and does the job…cheers for your thoughts and stay tuned for more vids…I am working on a farm deal to do some tactical training, hopefully this will workout!!!

7 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think that’s the gun for me either. We have one here. I saw my boyfriend shoot it and I swear flame was coming out the end, or at least in my mind I was seeing some dragon beast out there with red demon eyes and fire breath and sounding like a lightning strike, kicking and roaring. I said "AH HELL NO!!! I’m not getting near that thing! But don’t worrry, I’ve got my house covered for what I need, even my bathroom. And where’s there’s not a firearm, I have strategically located melee weapons.

7 Likes

do not worry all firearms spit fire and brimstone (literally), it is simply the propellant that didn’t ignite in the barrel. A few of my pistols spew worse than a drunk dragon, and in truth that is what gives them the charm.
If you ever get the chance to watch slow speed images of firearms being fired you can see a “cloud” of powder leaving the barrel before the ignited powder,

6 Likes

Just make sure you practice with what ever you feel comfortable with!!

3 Likes