How U.S. Soldiers built their own deadly Gun Trucks

6 Likes

I liked that video. My only complaint is that it was too short.
Thought it funny and sad that our soldiers had to steal what they needed to survive because the Army wouldn’t equip them with what they needed.

4 Likes

Heck we where doing that in 2001.

“You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.”

― Donald Rumsfeld
^^ I wanted to smack that asshole sooo bad. This was his response to complaints that we lacked armor on our Humvee’s.

3 Likes

about every Humvee I saw in Afghanistan had so many issues they were not worth taking beyond the fence…suspension smashed so flat from all the armor weight they would hardly pull them selves, broken springs, engines, transmissions…complete POS when up armored…the engines were barely adequate before all the armor. I would love to own one, but never in a war zone…

3 Likes

What he said was true…It would always be nice to have the ultimate Military with everything under the sun to use, but it rarely works that way…even the might of the U.S. Military has holes…in every War we have fought probably every Soldier and Commander wished they had more than what they did…

3 Likes

Another pleasant reminder that I survived it and just may have contributed some. The best part was the interviews with guys trying to describe the “art” of acquiring prohibited equipment, incredible success to try to cover our asses, it worked.

3 Likes