How would a civil war/revolution/war on American soil affect Canada?

Just curious what people think might happen to our Canukian neighbors should some type war breakout in the states?

Would they suffer from the conflict?

Its hard for me to even make a guess here considering the civil war of the 19th century had little impact on them but if you look at examples around the globe in today’s world then you see neighboring countries taking a beating in these types of conflicts.

7 Likes

They would have to deal with all of the people running from the conflict. I think it would be mostly liberals from the north east and Pacific north west . And they would cry for Canada to take care of them and send troops to fight us . If Canada was smart they would turn them back and mind thier own business.

6 Likes

So you dont think they would suffer like Syrias neighbors in the middleast?

4 Likes

Indeed. They would be dealing with American refugees plus major economic disturbances. The phrase “American refugees” just gave me the chills as I was typing. Scary thought.

5 Likes

And they would be bigger pains in the ass.

5 Likes

During the revolutionary war, US troops invaded Canada with battles at Montreal and Quebec.
Check it out at Wikipedia.

5 Likes

I was talking about the American civil war of the 19th century. The Revolution was a little different given the context ( the Brits being who they are to both countries at the time).

2 Likes

They attacked British strongholds in Canada, that’s a little different than we “invaded Canada” lol.
read this article for a little more clarity is does the best job of outlining the situation…

5 Likes

The US Civil war, also called the war of northern aggression involved Canada but more as an avenue of slaves to escape, via the so called underground railway.

6 Likes

it would effect the world economy. Hard… we would suddenly not be buying all the BS we ship, fly, and truck in by mass.

4 Likes