Howdy From OH

Howdy from OH.

New member here for education.

14 Likes

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Buckeye! :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Welcome!

10 Likes

Welcome, what type of education are you seeking? We see you are from a non-free state.

9 Likes

Do tell. How so? :thinking:

8 Likes

Thanks for all the welcomes! I just moved to OH almost a year ago.

@Sarge2046th
Education as to how a state can require a pistol permit to OWN a pistol in light of the 2nd Amendment. I am in the process of obtaining my pistol from what I consider to be a theft by the police department in New York State. Long story short - the .22 revolver its an heirloom from my grandfather (I am 58) , I allowed my brother to borrow it (while in PA - which is legal). The police confiscated it from his house since he does not have a permit to own a pistol.
Of course they say I can get it back (minus shipping and AFL dealer fees of course) - so I am paying for the police to steal (took without my knowledge and permission, and never tried to get it back to me when my brother told them it was not his property).
I also am having a bit of trouble knowing how to find where to post this problem as a thread on the forum.
I don’t understand how the people of New York have not banded together to make sure this blatant addition to what the Constitution says can be tolerated. It will spread like the cancer it is if not fought.

10 Likes

Welcome @Lbrewer42
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

8 Likes

Welcome from NC. From what I’ve seen, NY is run by NYC, no matter what the rest of the state wants…

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Lbrewer42.

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I would recommend that you contact a reputable attorney. Internet forums are probably not the best source for complicated legal advice.

9 Likes

A good amount of my NY relatives now live in the Mostly free state of Florida.

10 Likes

Welcome from KY.

10 Likes

I thought you lived in a large computer spying bunker in D.C. ?

9 Likes

Ran me out bringing in their …

oops, wrong thread

Welcome @Lbrewer42

10 Likes

… guns and retirement checks.

8 Likes

Welcome to Full30!

7 Likes

I’m not real. I only exist in your mind.

6 Likes

welcome from near raleigh nc

9 Likes

@Lbrewer42 welcome to full30.

8 Likes

Welcome @Lbrewer42!
I am in CA so if you want to know how bad things get I can tell you all about it.

9 Likes