Howdy From OH

Welcome from TX! What part of Ohio are you from? I used to live near Dayton as a kid when my Dad was stationed at Wright Patt. I remember the countryside being real scenic, especially in the Fall.

10 Likes

Welcome @Lbrewer42
Glad to have you! :grin:

10 Likes

Welcome @Lbrewer42

9 Likes

We have lots of relatives and friends in Ohio.
Good solid people with good values.
Very trustworthy.
We always enjoy visiting them.
So, welcome fur sure.

7 Likes

@Equin
First - thank you for your service!

i just moved to Bellefontaine last July from close to Gettysburg. Its cooler here and I love it for this and its beauty.

7 Likes

@g.willikers
Thanks. Being a newbie to this area I am finding just how Mayberry RFD-ish this place is. It great!

7 Likes

@Mosinvirus
I moved out of communist MD many moons ago (1991) b/c of oppression - and not just guns.
One of my friends changed a flat tire. After closing the trunk he found he had forgotten to put the tire iron back (the old one piece L-shaped ones), so he put it under the front seat. He was caught speeding and the officer saw the tire iron sticking out from under the front seat. My friend was fined 10,000 for a “concealed weapon,” appealed, and it was upheld. I knew it was time to move.

8 Likes

Oh, sorry if it sounded like I had served. I’ve never had the honor. It was my Dad who served. I just followed him around as a kid, but I aporeciate the sentiment nonetheless!

I remember hearing of Bellefontaine, but we never got up that way. It’s been several decades, but I still miss Ohio’s rolling farmlands, cooler summers, Fall colors, sledding and snow tubing and experiencing all four seasons.

7 Likes

@Equin

Then please say a thank you to him for me. Its form the heart I assure you. I try (and am sure I miss some – especially online) to thank the vets I come in contact with.

The only complaint I have about Bellefontaine is there is no Harbor Freight, and everything I seem to need is not carried by Lowes, but Home Depot 30 miles away carries it :grin:

8 Likes

GO BUCKS!!!

5 Likes