How's your storms been?

Been *&^%$#@ brutal here.
Tree guys finishing last weeks tree damage, we cut the giant limb snapped in the wind but had to get the pros for the removal of the damaged VERY tall tree.
Of course in the most inaccessible part of the yard.
So the guys are cleaning up and here comes another - 100’s of strikes in the neighborhood.
1/2 the kitchen is w/o power.
At least my friend Scott [electrician] will be here at 8

Mother&^%$#@ Nature.

11 Likes

My well pump got knocked off the other day. I’m an electrician and I’m not sure how that happened.

8 Likes

We’ve gotten off pretty easy this year as far as storms go. Sorry to hear it’s been so bad over your way @mjrfd99

Shocking :no_mouth:

9 Likes

My theory is a ground strick tripped the pump motor

5 Likes

No storms down here. Just hot and dry.

7 Likes

I hope everyone stays safe and makes it through with little damage.

7 Likes

The lightening map yesterday was all yellow. That’s how many strikes we had here. Son said his boss lost over 1/2 his electronics. I was lucky - only blew the GFI outlet that controlled 1/2 the kitchen. Scott had us fixed quick. .
Local news said 3 serious house fires from it also.

6 Likes

Storms a coming again today. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Tennessee has had a rough go of it lately. The last big group tried to kill me and some of my friends, We are alternating between nothing for weeks and violent thunderstorms for a day.

8 Likes

We’ve had no storms in SW PA. Actually close to drought conditions. Not normal for here. I last cut my lawn a couple days before my shoulder surgery over a month ago! Nothing is growing…

6 Likes

Wow, that’s strange neighbor! Here in Ohio we’re typically going through drought just like you mention by now, but this year’s been radically different. We’ve been getting days on end in the high 80’s and 90’s accompanied by a mild rain shower once or twice a week the whole summer. My lawn is as green mid-August as it is in the early Spring and that just doesn’t happen here. I don’t water and so it usually goes dormant and I’m done mowing by mid to late June until the Fall. But this year’s eerily different. We’ve not had the storms some of you are getting, rather just enough rain to keep things good and greened up. I honestly can’t recall a year I’ve been here we’ve had this much steady rain throughout the summer. Makes me think something bad’s afoot for this Winter. :thinking:

6 Likes

Before I put in lightning rods I would frequently get blown well pump circuits. Since the lightning rods, nothing, not one, in over 30 years.

Nothing major here (Maine) we sure could use some rain. We’ve got to be in a drought and that’s not normal.

7 Likes

Yep, was a dry, sunny 104 degrees today here in little ole Waxahachie, TX. I don’t mind the heat, though. Keeps the mosquitoes and chiggers from biting, and the shooting range is usually desolate. This summer hasn’t been as hot as other North Texas summers, though.

Anyway, I haven’t been keeping up with the weather news lately. Where is all this lightning and stormy weather happening?

5 Likes