HR 952 Armor-Piercing Bullets Act of 2019

The Democraps are trying to pull a back door on us again.
HR 952 will make your 5.56 handguns and any other handgun that is not a 22 rimfire must be a single shot handgun and you cannot use FMJ or the common Steel Core ammo out there.
This is a sneaky way of outlawing semi auto handguns.
And the term Sporting Use is left up to the Anti Gun Attorney General (CZAR Stalin Barr for short) as well.

Here is the section as it currently stands:

(17)
(A)
The term “ammunition” means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellent powder designed for use in any firearm

(B) The term “armor piercing ammunition” means—

(i)
a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or

(ii)
a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

©
The term “armor piercing ammunition” does not include shotgun shot required by Federal or State environmental or game regulations for hunting purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target shooting, a projectile which the Attorney General finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other projectile or projectile core which the Attorney General finds is intended to be used for industrial purposes, including a charge used in an oil and gas well perforating device.

And here is the proposed change:

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “Armor-Piercing Bullets Act of 2019”.

SEC. 2. Framework for deciding whether certain projectiles are “primarily intended for sporting purposes” for purposes of determining whether the projectiles are armor piercing ammunition.

Section 921(a)(17) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(D) (i) For purposes of subparagraph ©, a .22 caliber projectile that otherwise would be armor piercing ammunition shall be considered to be primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes if the projectile weighs 40 grains or less and is loaded into a rimfire cartridge.

“(ii) (I) (aa) Except as provided in clause (i), a projectile that otherwise would be armor piercing ammunition shall, for purposes of subparagraph ©, be considered to be primarily intended to be used for sporting purpose if the projectile is loaded into a cartridge for which the only handgun that is readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade is a single shot handgun, subject to subclause (II).

“(bb) In subclause (aa), the term ‘single shot handgun’ means a break-open or bolt action handgun that can accept only a single cartridge manually, and does not accept or use a magazine or other ammunition feeding device, but does not include a pocket pistol or derringer-type firearm.

“(II) For purposes of subparagraph ©, the Attorney General may treat a projectile as not primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes if substantial evidence exists that the projectile is not primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes.”.

7 Likes

I never thought that small in trying to make a 22 rimfire armor-piercing, wonder if that might require titanium dies and access to nuclear weapons for the spent uranium??

5 Likes

Well this one I missed. Thanks for all these type posts.
These MFers will stop at nothing.

6 Likes