Hunting - Biggest Animal You Have Ever Taken and What With?

A lot of us gun owners like to hunt. So, what is the biggest animal (type, weight, or however you want to think of it), that you have successfully hunted? And, what did you take it with (kind of gun, ammo used)? And, at what distance?

3 Likes

Non-typical (175 5/8" net) 17pt 245lb, dressed Whitetail Buck @ 40yrds w/ compound bow in 2010.

7 Likes

This one was harvested w/ a 12g Remington 870 Express Deer Rifle Barrel & one Brenneke 3" 1-1/4oz Sabot.

2011 Typical (143" net) 9pt 225lb, dressed Whitetail Buck @ 25yrds.

6 Likes

Thanks for the pictures and great details, Wildlife.

3 Likes

Appreciate it! Great thread!

3 Likes

Thanks! And, thanks for joining it.

Spike elk 40 yards. With pse compound bow, finger shooting. Muzzy broadheads. Traveled about 50 yards after hit.
6x6 Muley at 150 yards 30-06, remington 165 gr. green box. The deadliest mushroom in the woods. Went about 40 yards.
Cow elk 30-06 180 grain federal nosler partition. Ran 10 yards.

4 Likes

Spike elk .270 in a Remington 700 at about 50 yards.

5 Likes

Thanks for your input, Davedavey and Jtr. Great info.

2 Likes

moose just shy of 1000ibs .303 enfield / sabre tip
was out about 75 yards and stood there pissed off looking for someone to tap dance on until he dropped. Was getting ready to shot again because I thought I missed. It was a good side on L&H but he turned head on after the shot
spent the next 8 hours moving it 2 miles in pieces to the road.

4 Likes

srdiver:

thanks for your detailed feedback.

3 Likes

Great photos and great stories all. I admit, most made me pretty jealous :wink:

I mostly bird hunt…pheasants, grouse, quail. But, I did go deer hunting one year and was successful with a decent size buck using my trusty bird gun lol (Mossberg 500 12 ga., 2-3/4" slug).

5 Likes

Whitetail first year out w an Ithaca 20 ga pump, up to the 300WM over lookin our bean field. 20ga/12ga/308/300WM, PSE F1 compound…back straps on the grill!

6 Likes