I am the Majority

On April 3rd, 2018, resident Mark Robinson gave an impassioned speech at the Greensboro, NC, city council meeting in support of the Second Amendment. This speech is the best four minutes you’ll ever watch about how important gun rights are to the majority of American citizens.

Just because those on the left are loud, doesn’t make them the majority. We, as legal gun owners have spent decades believing don’t rock the boat, don’t make waves, it will be OK if we just keep quite. Being silent is what got us where we are today. We are the silent majority, but being silent is no longer an option. Legal gun owners make up about 30% of the US total population. That’s total. That doesn’t include people under 18 years of age, or felons, or those deemed mentally unfit. So of eligible citizens, legal gun owners make up a much larger percentage. In addition, nearly 50% of all households in the US have at least one firearm in it legally. Now take in to account that a good percentage of people will not admit they have a firearm, this places that percentage over 50%. Now take in to account that in my house of four, I’m the only “gun owner” but all four of us shoot.

F***’n A! Mark Robinson!
Great speech!
Thanks for posting…that’s definitely inspirational.

OMG
Mr. Robinson is an American Hero in my book.
That video should be sent to every lawmaker in the country!
We Are The Majority!
We need Hats and Shirts with this as a logo to proudly wear.
(An idea for the store?)

Well…He’s on a watch list, now.

And, I’m not entirely convinced that “gun owners” are all it takes to beat the political attack on firearms. I have a regular customer who has had me inspect and repair somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 firearms that he owns. Most of these were found in his parents house when they moved to an assisted living facility. And, talking with him, a gun owner by definition, is terrifying. He fully supports gun control laws. The media has him convinced he’s somehow a criminal simply for owning guns passed down to him from his father. To the point he acts as though bringing them to me to repair is felonious simply for transporting them. He’s clearly conflicted between the sentimental nature of his father’s heirlooms (otherwise, he wouldn’t spend money to clean them up and fix them) and the media spin. And, he’s a veteran. Nicest guy in the world. However, I would not call him “pro-2A” simply because he possesses firearms.

I’d be curious to know just how many other “gun owner” would willfully bow to the authority of the state simply because the media and the government demonized them for exercising their rights.

Well said! :clap: