I am Ton

I am Ton, new member over here and living in the Europe,
First for all US members i wil explain a little about gun laws in Europe
In Europe the firearms laws are completely different than in the US,
Self-defense with firearms is totally prohibited, and getting a firearms license is a long process.
First of all, you must be of impeccable behavior, and absolutely must not have been in contact with the police for an offense.
Once you are eligible for a firearms license, you may only purchase one firearm for the first year, and must pay 130 euros for it and after that a maximum of 5 pieces (unless you are a gun collector)
Each year the permit must be renewed, renewing or changing costs 60, - per case

As I am a firearms / ammunition collector and have no restrictions on numbers and types,
I have fully automatic weapons, silenced firearms, and hidden firearms on my license.
Recently I also have an ammunition collection permit

My interest is in all firearms techniques, and how it is made & processed,
Youtube was a very good resource, but firearms enthusiasts are increasingly limited in sharing their interests,
So I ended up on this website,
We are just gun lovers, and have just as much trouble with criminals as non gun lovers.
Why then are we treated like criminals?
In Europe, every firearm is required to be registered.
If criminals then use firearms, the government has no control over it, so the legal firearms owners will be tackled harder again,
The never ending story,
thx
Ton

18 Likes

Thank you for that introduction

/deep exhale

Seems this looms over us here as well

Welcome!

14 Likes

Yes, but can get even worse!
15 years ago, you could buy any semi auto firearm without a license in Belgium
Now no longer possible, and even a box of .22LR ammo needs to be registered, who bought it how many and at what day,

16 Likes

Welcome from semi-free Maine

13 Likes

Welcome from Kentucky.

13 Likes

Seems perfectly reasonable for countries without a Right to own and carry firearms.

Welcome aboard from CA, USA.

13 Likes

Welcome from Florida!

12 Likes

Welcome @toolmaker i hail from the southeast United States. It must be tough to have a passion for collecting firearms over their.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You’re among friends. It sux that it’s so difficult for any of us.

All of the USA isn’t free. Some states are as difficult for firearm ownership as Europe, or that’s what their “rulers” want them to be. Our new illegitimate president would readily sign legislation to make it so nationwide. But he has had mental issues for decades, his recent mental issues are different ones. We’ve had laws making full auto and such difficult to get for 100 years. Only recently with inflation have many people seen the tax hurdle to be largely meaningless. Europe sees silencers to be a courtesy to others. Here silencers are considered gangland attachments and are taxed and were hard to get (taxation) not all that long ago. If full auto firearms weren’t so expensive more here would own them. But the amount of them in ownership was frozen years ago and those available have skyrocketed in price. That happens with any commodity that is in demand and supply has stopped.

Anyway, welcome to Full 30!

13 Likes

You are totally right,
Fortunately, on this website we can share our mutual love for firearms,
A good person does not need a firearm to solve his or her problems

13 Likes

However it is better to have firearms and not need them, than need them and not have them.

When a mere presentation of a firearm can stop some criminal acts in their tracks, I would argue that I would prefer more people to be armed than not.

15 Likes

How I wish that was correct. There are many evil people on this planet and that includes evil regimes that have murdered many millions of innocent people.

13 Likes

Welcome @toolmaker
Glad to have you here with us at Full 30!

13 Likes

Welcome to Full 30 @toolmaker , I think we here are all lucky to have such a great interest in firearms no matter the maker.
It’s just sad that I lost all of mine in a horrible boating accident. :boat: :boat: :boat:

14 Likes

An armed society is a polite society

15 Likes

Welcome!

Makes me think of California. We had to fill out paperwork for every type of ammo we bought, and pay each time for a background check. All ammo must be bought in-person. The only pistols they are allowed to buy are models from 10 years ago because of the handgun roster, so a Glock 19 gen 3 is legal, but gen 4 and gen 5 are not. NFA weapons like SBRs, machine guns and silencers are a felony to possess. All guns have to be registered, and of course magazines over 10 rounds are banned.

And the AR-15 rifle is only permitted if, in addition to the above, you are not able to wrap your thumb around the grip, you do not use a flash hider, there is no vertical foregrip, and the stock is not adjustable. It looks something like this:

15 Likes

We need an amnesty for themachine gun ban. No penalties or federal charges to register unregistered machines guns. As the population grows the demand for machine guns is growing yet the registry isn’t. It is just common sense gun safety legislation.

15 Likes

Are you allowed to own any full auto you want as long as you have the permit? Or are some full autos such as Newer Years prohibited?

Welcome to the site. I love the idea we have a global audience. Shows the Full30 Team is doing well.

15 Likes

That would be so hard. Let’s say someone broke into your house and was in the middle of committing a horrible crime. Rape your wife, threatening to stab your kids, whatever the situation may be. I could never not use my gun in that scenario. To think a judge would find you guilty in a scenario like that is criminal in its own right.

15 Likes

I find someone in my home, with out being invited or have forced their way in… I consider them a threat !!! And threats will be dealt with.

Gun It's the only way ! GIF

14 Likes