I couldn't be more proud

Last Saturday my amazing daughter graduated from the best high school in the state. She had three cords, two department awards, and received another award from the Bishop during the graduation ceremony. She finished with a 4.3 GPA. She’s going off to the University of Alabama at Huntsville to study aeorspace engineering. I’m so proud of her I could just explode.

14 Likes

I may not know much

like what

means, but I do know

is smart and I’m sure happy for your being so happy :partying_face:

10 Likes

The cords are for the societies the student belongs to. The over 4.0 is from the AP courses they take to get college credit during high school.
And yes, she is well aware of how proud I am of her. I’ve told her many times with tears in my eyes.

11 Likes

ohh, a head start, thats cool, I din’t know that was a thing, always wondered how you got over a perfect 4.0 :smiling_face:

That’s awesome, as is your sharing here, thank you, it’s a nice break from crazytown to hear about normal things :+1:

10 Likes

She can also really shoot and pretty good with a tomahawk.

11 Likes

lol, well damn you are proud :grin:

9 Likes

Awesome, man! Happy for you!

9 Likes

Awesome job of raising a fine young lady.

Buster Keaton Youre Welcome GIF by Maudit
…for both of you

9 Likes

Congratulations Cracker! Good job to both of you!

7 Likes

Congrats!

8 Likes

Way to go :clap:t4:

7 Likes

That is fantastic. I am so happy for you. One question. What does she do with a tomahawk?
Bill

6 Likes

There’s a place here that has a range for tomahawks. $30 an hour and you throw all you want. They provide 3 tomahawks for you to throw or you can bring your own. Good way to work out some stress or anger.

8 Likes

Seen that a local fair here last year, among all the carney attractions was a booth with about 3" tree slices hung to throw at, kids were loving it.

6 Likes

Pic is a couple of years old.

9 Likes

We have a place like that and they also serve pizza :joy:

7 Likes

Proably makes kindling for camp fires :fire: if I had to take a guess… I always thought tomahawks was really a fighting weapon. Beware young men that girl can handle some steel.

5 Likes

What a fun and interesting stress reliever. And what a precious young lady. I am envious.
Bill

5 Likes

Thanks folks. She has been a pure delight for this old man.

6 Likes

Last Thursday she and I headed up to Huntsville, Al. to move her into the dorm. I tried to enjoy every second of that trip. I was dreading leaving her there alone(or at least away from me). She seems to be adjusting pretty well. There are activities set up for the new students for the entire week so they are kept busy. I left a lot of tears in Huntsville when I left. Both tears of joy and sadness. I know she will do well but I sure miss her. Who knows, in a few years you might be looking up to the sky to see a rocket she helped design. Her major is aerospace engineering. Damn, I’m so proud of her.

9 Likes