I DIDNT NEED , BUT I BOUGHT IT ANYWAY....

Obama did change the amount of guns you can sell before you need an FFL though

8 Likes

Rat bastard Obama anyway

8 Likes

Yeah, I got standards even though only the two questions are required. I will only sell to someone I don’t know if they are willing to show me their OH CCW. I don’t need to record anything from it, just make sure it’s current. Similarly, if buying from a private party I have no problem showing them my CCW, but won’t let them copy or record any info from it.

8 Likes

If I don’t know them, they’ll meet me at a gun shop & go through BC

9 Likes

Here that’s kind of moot (and a waste of money). CCW holders don’t get called in to NICS at an FFL. You fill out the 4473, pay the FFL’s transfer fee, and then you’re done. So again, if they have a valid CCW there’s no reason to go to an FFL. Hence my threshold for selling to an unknown party.

9 Likes

$5 fee here & my ass is covered

8 Likes

I sold a pistol to someone I was a complete stranger to. Only gun I ever sold and I regret it badly. But they knew so much about SIG’s I was sure he wasn’t some cheese dick gang banger lookin for a Glock

8 Likes

A federal background check is a federal fee not a state fee. It’s the same everywhere isn’t it? Cause it’s $10 here for sure

8 Likes

Nope. It varies here. Whatever the FFL wants to charge. On average it runs $35-40 bucks. But I know a guy, so for me… $5 bucks. :yep:

10 Likes

Interesting

9 Likes

AFAIK the FFL does not pay any fee to call into NICS. So the federal part relative to the fee is a non-event. You pay the FFL a fee for their services: they call in and process/record the 4473 in their book. They can charge whatever they want. I know many butt-hurt LGS here that jacked up their fees because of online sales cutting into their business. In some cases they were processing more transfers than they were selling their own inventory. To discourage folks from buying online they pumped fees through the roof. :confused:

9 Likes

$50 to $100 some charge here for online sales ran through them!

8 Likes

I am up already…body says I am awake, mind says go to sleep…working nights messes me up…

9 Likes

How Do you know for certain? You could just be dreaming that you’re awake, you may be only sleep posting

10 Likes

The federal background check costs the FFL nothing.

7 Likes

I bought a Tikka T3X Tac A1 a few month ago, also the new Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 FFP riflescope and a ERATAC 34mm montage. Wasn’t cheap but it shoots like a peach. I’m completly in bolt action rifles since then.

10 Likes

I thought NICS was $5.00?

8 Likes

Not to the FFL. Just call the 800 number or go online. Feds pay for it. Part of the law when they put it in place.

9 Likes

costs us $5.00 pre check

9 Likes

And you’re an FFL correct?

9 Likes