I DIDNT NEED , BUT I BOUGHT IT ANYWAY....

When the 21 rd mags for your M17 just seemed so small

12 Likes

Both the Russian Princess and the Siberian Bitch get hot and bothered after a few mag dumps.

13 Likes

My Garand has a better cartridge and never over heats.

8 Likes

Dodgy gas system that adds weight to front of rifle, problematic en-bloc loading system, relatively poor moving parts mass ratio, action and moving parts exposed to elements. I’ll see your Garand and raise you a .308 Vepr. :wink:

Actually, they’re all great for their intended purposes. I’m still in awe of the 1903 Springfield.

12 Likes

Bringing back nightmare flashbacks of last night’s dinner ramifications! Seasoned pulled pork w/ a big can Ranch Beans… :skull_and_crossbones::bomb::boom::skull_and_crossbones:I may have single handedly destroyed the ozone layer of the atmosphere over my area. I’m currently watching “NASA Live” on tv to see the full extent of the damage…

12 Likes

13 Likes

Detonics may not be the guy you want to mess with, if you’ve noticed he don’t just buy one gun. he buys two of the same…one for each hand. :yep:

12 Likes

boar

A 25 round mag will make the “wild boar” HOT.

13 Likes

You is like the AK king.

12 Likes

Once I can get a submarine to reclaim my kingdom. :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Whoa, you sho dun plumb kilt that puddle! :open_mouth:

10 Likes

“The finest battle implement ever devised”
Any General say that about yours

My ole man was one of 355 original 6th div Marines that survived WWII. Iwo Jima he said he burned up 6 BARs.
While he was looking for another he would grab a Garand and keep fighting.
Before he died he told me:

“Son if you are ever in a jam, grab an M1 Garand, it wont”

In 2001 when I decided to weapon up, I looked long and hard at the 30-06 and the 308. I choose 30-06 just for the M1, then built a bolt gun to match. I spin a 178gr A-Max down range at 2880fps. Your 308 would blow up, because its a 30-06 lite.
gas system on the nose keeps the recoil down.

And my favorite part of the Garand is:

11 Likes

Calls for further investigation. This just in…

12 Likes
8 Likes

Maybe we were all just born at a bad time.

9 Likes

Heck yeah! I love my Garand!

My Uncle Billy, a Marine who fought at the Battle of Khe Sanh, told me he trained with an M1 Garand before he was issued his M16. I was surprised to hear that, but I guess it wasn’t that uncommon in the 60’s to train Marines with Garands?

Anyway, when .308 was sold out at the local Academy right after the pandemic hit, there were still plenty of boxes of .30-06 on the shelves. I kick myself for not buying some now that pretty much all ammo is continuously picked clean at Academy.

13 Likes

The Marines had fits when the Garands/M14 were taken away for the M16. Thats why some took AKs.
My ole man was a 3 star CIB winner. (for you civies that means he was in WWII, Korea, and Nam).
He came home when they issued the M16.

10 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade, I was window shopping and noticed these and thought they would look BAD ASS on one of your 1911’s :+1:

16 Likes

Oooh! Those ARE NICE!

14 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade, He does great work they look so much nicer in person it’s not even comparable. Very high-quality grips. I believe that these are made from aluminum.

13 Likes