I done dropped my Glock in the toilet

Or a sig P220

8 Likes

Meh, no biggie. just take it down and swish it around in hot soapy water and rinse, then blow dry the parts with a hair dryer, oil it up good and put it back together.

15 Likes

@Caw woulda stuck his head in err and grabbed it with his lips.

10 Likes

At least clean your toilet before using it as a parts wash…

14 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I took it apart and wiped everything down with precious, precious isopropyl 70%, and greased it up again as I reassembled.

I took the striker assembly out, the ejector spring, safety plunger and the ejector, and found water still in there in the channels. I dried them out with Q-tips before disinfecting the parts with alcohol.

After I reassembled the slide, I took apart my mag and dried that out.

Then I worked on the frame. I used an old 2.4mm flathead driver as my punch, and a roll of tape as my armorer’s block. The largest pin was the hardest to remove. It took me a long while to figure out how to wiggle the slide release lever just right to free the pin. After popping out the trigger assembly, I wiped everything I could see down with alcohol. Seems like this part stayed dry. I removed the old grease, since I could see bits of brass and carbon everywhere. By turning the connector bar horizontally, I was able to free it from the plastic channel where the cruciform slides, and clean between the bar and the L-shaped thingy that goes through the rear trigger block.

Putting everything back together was easy. I just added grease to wherever the bars rubbed against each other and the frame, looking for places where the metal was smooth and shiny from wear.

The striker safety plunger is still working, and trigger reset is ok. Trigger safety is good. Ejector/loaded chamber indicator is working. The firing pin still turns on my laser cartridge. Looks ok!

15 Likes

It sounds like it was good that it fell in the bowl as it caused you to spend some real quality time together.

14 Likes

Glad we could help. Sorry about the numerous jokes and puns, but we were joking with affection. It’s all fun. Anyway, it was a good excuse for a deep cleaning and you gained some knowledge about the Glock internals. :+1:

13 Likes

Sure, I wasn’t annoyed at all! I felt it was a funny situation from the beginning. lol

13 Likes

:thinking: I think this is the 1st Glock toilet test I have ever seen anyone do !
I can’t wait for next weeks torture test from @MusashiAharon

13 Likes

Remember to do a function check to make sure it was actually the Glock you pulled out of the bowl and cleaned up.

13 Likes

Hmm, trigger’s a bit squishy.

14 Likes

Perhaps some PEPTO or Amodium AD will help regulate that

12 Likes

Well guess a handgun is better dropped in the toilet that an upper false teeth plate.

11 Likes

Factory feature not related to the dump

11 Likes

It’s like that would be a dangerous situation in more ways than one…! :smile:

12 Likes

A 1911 wouldve rusted and jammed and Sigs like to fall apart in shitty situations.

10 Likes

as long as you remember that the meme was only implied…

9 Likes

That guy obviously works for Sig

7 Likes

Welcome back, thought you got abducted

9 Likes

So, which firearm will he drop in the toilet this week??? :rofl:

7 Likes