I fear for the world my daughter will live in

17 Likes

I have the same concern for our grand children. Their parents have seen the still somewhat free America.

12 Likes

Same here.
We had the best of times.
I fear that’s over.

11 Likes

Elementary teachers have always been a special breed, a lot of them now are just batshit crazy like the idiot with the band aids on YT.

But a lot of it is not teachers, they have to teach to a curriculum and that is controlled by school administration.

12 Likes

I was fortunate to have a few really inspiring teachers. Lots of middle of the road and only one or two bad ones.

12 Likes

Me too Festus. But back then it was a very different world and country. Not so much in your face pure evil. IMO that places us squarely on the timeline.

12 Likes

My Granddaughter will earn a Bachelor degree in less than 2 years this fall and is looking at graduate schools and I fear she, even though she is highly intelligent may already be lost…I hope at some point the light will shine through and change things, I hope in time she will see clearly…

12 Likes

Always darkest before the dawn gents

prepare for the worst and hope for the best

13 Likes

We will pray for yours and if you feel led do the same for ours.

14 Likes

@Belt-Fed

But, surely they don’t have to introduce politics into the classroom - right?

Basically, the professor’s political leaning should not be obvious to the students from their teaching.

11 Likes

No, they should never teach their political belief. those that do should be reported to principals by parents.

11 Likes

My grandson told me his history teacher said it was ok to remove all the confederate statues. i told him if your daddy won’t do anything you let me know if he says anything else and i will go to the principal and tell him you get that SOB in here right now. we all gonna have a few words.

11 Likes

Comparative Political Systems was a great class.

8 Likes

I was a Poli Sci major, also a big hit with the profs.

8 Likes

Many of my teachers and coaches were WWII vets.
They taught us to think …
not what to think.

9 Likes

Public schools are more appropriately called government schools. That is who pays for them (with our money) and controls the curriculum. They have become indoctrination centers for millions of subjects.
It is no different that the Catholic school I went to as a child. They teach the Catholic way is the right way of thinking.

9 Likes

At least you got a decent education.

8 Likes

And I have thanked God, my parents, and the school when I have been back there for that education.
I do not have kids but I am sad for nieces and nephews who don’t know how screwed up the world has become.

9 Likes

I am in the same boat, no kids but I worry about my brother and sister kids.

9 Likes

I have watched what has been posted in this thread for a while and would like to point out not all schools or teachers are pushing the progressive crap . My wife teaches in a rural school in a farming community . They don’t teach critical race theory or the blm stuff. She teaches American history from the revolution to present with no interference from the school board or state also has a good reading program where we by all the books out of our own pockets and we read all of them before we let the kids so there is none of the communist or lgbq stuff . My point is there are still some good people in the system and it is really up to the voters and parents in a system to step up and make the systems in their area what it needs to be get rid of the bad people in the schools and on the school board who want the radical agenda .

11 Likes