I guess anyone can run for office

Looks like she has made a statement that explains why she is calling for switching completely over to electric cars, while she herself is driving a Porsche, instead of an electric car…

Gasoline cars won’t completely go away, because some of them “are works of art. They’ll just be much more expensive to drove.”

:rofl:

Edit: The far left seems to have decided that the best defense against being attacked with parodies, is to become the parody themselves.

5 Likes

I still like her throwing rocks from the moon comment

5 Likes

Brianna Wu ‏Verified account @ BriannaWu 7h7 hours ago

More

1/ There are engine removal kits for gasoline cars that turn them into more reliable electric vehicles with very low fuel costs. If Chevy, Honda, Ford, Toyota, and the other mainstream companies will develop a pipeline, I would happily vote to subsidize the cost to install them.

Unless you are planning on converting an old Ford Falcon into a car that will just take you around the block a few times, an EV conversion is going to cost you at least $25,000. High end conversions using a professional can set you back $100,000 or more.

hard to believe but someone stupider than AOC

8 Likes

After somebody told her the prices, she claimed that once they put some money into the technology, the price will drop. She probably agrees with AOC on the “you just pay for it” philosophy.

Now somebody has told her about DIAS, and she’s decided that you can sand cast them out of aluminum and convert an AR-15 with just that cast aluminum piece.

4 Likes

This reminds me of the claims of perpetual motion machines and carburetor tweaks to get 300mpg.
Some folks will fall for anything.

8 Likes

Rhymes with blunt.

5 Likes

We all need to start labeling all language that calls for any & all forms of gun control HATE SPEECH! All letters & phone calls to your politicians shall refer to all bills to be voted on, reteric from anti gun politicians/"celebrities, & anti gun groups as HATE SPEECH. That’s what it is! It goes against our God given rights, against our constitution, & against our ability to remain safe & free.I personally can not think of a better example of HATE SPEECH than that of the language I hear spewed out of the mouths of the anti gunners, politicians, & the lying demonic media bastards!

5 Likes

Quote:
Looks like her target for today, is internal combustion engines. She’s claiming that gasoline is heavily subsidized with tax dollars, and that there are kits available to swap out the gas engine in your car for an electric motor, making it more reliable, easier and cheaper to maintain, and cheaper to operate.

Know what else is completely subsidized by tax dollars? Imbecile politicians…I hear they make an easy replacement kit for them too…

And coming from a guy who spent a number of years working on, testing and evaluating electric and alternative energy source vehicles, I can tell you that there is absolutely NOTHING cheaper about electric over gas. All those vehicles are heavily subsidized by tax dollars and the auto manufacturers themselves. The components are more expensive and wait until you have to replace an all electric vehicle battery pack…you’ll be wishing for gasoline.
Another thing none of these idiots ever consider is the fact that our power grid is already stretched to the max…dump a few million more cars that have to be charged onto it, and lets see what happens.

And one other thing…wait until gasoline vehicles start disappearing at a higher rate…know where highway funds come from? Fuel taxes, which means you will get taxed even more once those funds start to dry up. Not cheaper by a long shot.

6 Likes

just means you would have to have two meters per household and a multi car units (apartment etc) would be pay for use (which would effective remove a large portion of the lower incomes from operating a vehicle).
There is nothing out there at this moment that has the same energy potential as hydrocarbon fuel.versus cost.

6 Likes

It seems the upper east part of our country is richly blessed with incredibly ignorant people that follow this type of political ideology that is no longer comical to observe. If it would be economically feasible, then more folks besides Elon Musk/Tesla would be making some headway in resolution of the use of electric power. Big plus is it costs to produce electricity, it is not free power, so just with economics, how would the Green Power folks think to produce electricity. :facepalm:

5 Likes

electric cars (wheeled transportation electrical powered) idea has been around since 1828, which if placed in context - almost as long as the US Constitution been around. So if it was such great form of locomotion over internal combustion why did it get pushed into the shadows?

5 Likes

The more I read of what she has been putting on social media, the more I get the impression of watching some kid in Junior High make some joke, then laugh at it until they notice that the rest of the classroom isn’t laughing, but reacting with quiet states and the closer classmates inching away.

I do think she may have the “lives in mom’s basement and games all day” voter demographic locked up, though.

4 Likes