I have a few dilemmas

I agree with @Caw on this one. Featureless follows closely to a long range performance round and 6.5 Grendel has my full and undivided attention at the moment.

6 Likes

.308 might have more kick then she wants. 6.5 is very mild and just as accurate. I would compare it to a 30-30, recoil wise.

5 Likes

I just used that caliber as a example
.308 is a more common round and will be more accessible in a situation that we all may be facing soon
Just my way of thinking is all

I think her main question stems from witch way she should configure a rifle pertaining to her state laws
On the end I would say shoot all the diffrent configurations before you make a choice

5 Likes

That’s another dilemma actually. I want out as soon as possible, but that could be a year from now or 5 years from now depending on the family situation.

6 Likes

Found this article comparing .308 to 6.5 Grendel. Seems the 6.5 Grendel is both cheaper and more effective. Next question is how common is it?
http://abesguncave.com/6-5-grendel-vs-308-the-part-everyone-misses/

5 Likes

Sgammo has had it regularly. @Caw had informed me that it had dried up in 2012ish
We had talked about it here.

I literally ordered one on Saturday and 1040 rounds.

5 Likes

Straight from the article you posted.

“Plus, that ammo is Wolf’s 100 grain “military classic”. It’s is constructed like the infamously lethal 7N6 bullet, which is pretty deadly stuff.”
And that lady’s and gentleman was the tipping point for me period.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/65-grendel-ammo/1000-rounds-65-grendel-100-grain-fmj-lacquered-steel-case-wpa-wolf-ammo

.25 cents a round before shipping!

6 Likes

Hmm. Wonder if they ship to CA. I’ll need to investigate that too. Probably buying it here will be more expensive. Where’s @Mosinvirus? Do you know?

3 Likes

Here’s the article he had on the 6.5 Grenel vs .223/.556 -
http://abesguncave.com/6-5-grendel-vs-223-556-ballistics-hunting-combat/

6 Likes

Sorry @EQuinn Sam will not ship to California anymore as far as I know
I was under the impression that your state has a ban on online ammunition sales

2 Likes

I was under the impression that your state has a ban on online ammunition sales

Cali ammo sales are okay, but need to be sent to an FFL as far as I know.

3 Likes

F#*king A#*hole California Legislature!!!

6 Likes

Hi @EQuinn,
SGammo will not ship direct even if you have 03FFL and COE.

I am pretty sure they will ship to 01FFL of your choice though. I only deal with those that will ship directly to me, since I have both the license and the certificate.

5 Likes

It has a huge following now, its probably in a draw for second (with .300 BO) for most popular AR15 round outside of 5.56.
It did dry up a bit but I suppose that couldve been just from all the frenzy buying.

3 Likes

4 Likes

In the article you last posted the writer stated
“The average football linebacker weighs 230 lbs and sprints at 25.5 FPS. That’s 2020 ft-lbs of energy. A 190gr bullet moving at 2200FPS produces almost identical energy.

Which is more likely to kill an Elk?”

I am laughing now because I have in the past used nearly the same argument.

6 Likes

I want to see a NFL linebacker fight a full grown ELK or a Moose.

5 Likes

That ain’t happening Ahahahhaha
That’s a big honrey animal
Challenge him and your done

4 Likes

I will put 2k down on the Elk , they are crazy strong.

4 Likes

Elk is good eating !

4 Likes