I need help!

That’s a fact, fish also have suffered

10 Likes

Our cats leave the chickens alone once they are full grown. We have chicks out in a separate pen that is enclosed and the cats are trying to figure out how to get the chicks. When the chicks get big enough to join the adults the cats will leave them alone. Breaking the dogs from fresh chicken snacks was a harder job.

11 Likes

I used a chain link dog kennel, and the dogs and cats still got in.

9 Likes

Thank you for all the good info. And very cool dog too.

9 Likes

@shooterrex @Tactical_Reviews @Belt-Fed @BrianK @Sarge4206th @Robert @Festus @SteelPinger @0null00 @Quick_Draw_Mcgraw and g.will

“I can only have ten @ in a post”
Thank you for all the information. It looks like I have some research to do. Thank you all.

11 Likes

I didn’t know that setting existed, never came up I guess, but, you could just @awesomeguys :laughing:

10 Likes

We got beers, what else do we need? Lol

10 Likes

Get a plucker machine if you want to do a lot of them. And dipping them in warm/hot water before plucking helps. I believe there is videos on it.

As far as raising them, they grow quick if you get the right ones. Research the breed you want before hand

9 Likes

Meat chickens are different than laying chickens. Don’t expect a lot of meat from a layer

10 Likes

I dated a girl like that.

11 Likes

next door neighbors wife ?

9 Likes

Having fun with your chickens huh

10 Likes

@switchpod check out Plymouth rocks barred very hearty bird. Does well in cold climates.

9 Likes

Not that I am an expert (or even an amateur) but I have been hearing a lot about raising quail lately. Most HOA and city ordinances don’t consider quail as livestock. They are smaller as are their eggs, but I hear they are easier to raise and cheaper to feed.

7 Likes

Thank you Brother! That’s probably what I need too.

6 Likes

I have to check that out too.

5 Likes

8 Likes

:rofl: oh boy that’s awesome! @aly.bel loves this too! Lol

5 Likes