"I seen lots of guys with 9 mm scars but I ain't never seen anyone with 45 ACP scars!"

10 Likes

LOL, well made point

5 Likes

Haha…glad I made the investment!!

5 Likes

Plenty of 45 scars, you just have to open some fresh caskets.

4 Likes

I knew youd find a loophole, being an insurance lawyer & all…:joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Bruises maybe. Lol

2 Likes

now if the image was of an actually 100 year old Government 1911 and not a 35 year style it might be true…

4 Likes

The frame and slide of a 1911 could probably out last a Glocks. The barrel or other small parts prolly not so much. 1911s are meant to be show pieces mostly now of days too. Their days as a military pistol have ended probably mainly due to cost and to standardize on a NATO round.

Battlefield Vegas is a great source of actual non-bias info on how long a properly maintained pistol will last. Steel vs polymer is just another coke vs chevy or ford vs pepsi thing :crazy_face:

If i had the right skill to fit parts for a 1911 I would put it on par with A Glock as a fighting pistol but I dont so I give Glock the edge. Theres something attractive about being able to be your own armorer . As far as .45 acp vs 9mm…well , tbh i prefer the .45 acp but thats mainly because I have a small weener.

Im past the whole “vs” thing though, it was a funny troll for awhile. Honestly if cost isnt an issue and youre willing to learn how repair your own pistol then just go with what tickles your tally-whacker.

4 Likes

Lol :+1: , I wouldnt buy one of the originals as a shooter. I like hot rounds and the tech wasnt quite there for them to handle those pressures back in the early 1900s. Metallurgy in general has skyrocketed since then too. I bet modern 1911s built by a knowledgeable smith would outlast the older ones too.

2 Likes

10mm 2011 :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

.45 because shooting twice is just silly.

4 Likes