I swear it just showed up!

It is 450 Bushmaster. 18 inch Bear Creek Arsenal complete upper including BCG for $259. I happened to have parts to put together a lower.

18 Likes

Beautiful rifle sir!

10 Likes

I like it. That chunk of lead would some damage to whatever you shot with it…

8 Likes

That is what I plan.

7 Likes

Mister%20Torgue%20Approves%20(Orange)

8 Likes

I like that a lot, that caliber is on my list. A very long list, but on it.

8 Likes

^ This. I really want something in that cartridge.

8 Likes

It’s even cheaper now than when I bought it.
You’re welcome.:+1:
https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-ar-15-complete-upper-assembly-18-4150-parkerized-heavy-barrel-450-bushmaster-mid-length-gas-system-1-24-twist-w-15-mlok

9 Likes

Ugh, if I hadn’t of written a few thousand $$$ check recently for a down payment I would of bought that. LOL

7 Likes

I have that things little sister, or baby maybe. I have the 30 rem ar. Its a necked down 450 bushmaster to shoot a 30 cal. nice rifle sir

8 Likes

I hope it shoots well. I have heard BCA barrels can be hit or miss for accuracy. I have one that is good. It will probably be about a month before I get to test it.
I bought some no name mags from the gun show. They are very tight but will hand cycle without issues. I need to look for some better ones.

6 Likes

Not the same cartridge but my BCA .223 Wylde barrel is on point with accuracy.

7 Likes

That is the one that I already have as well.

7 Likes

I wish something like that would just show up at my house.

This is me and threads like this:
RedAngel reads thread, sees picture and thinks “How do all these guys know what cartridge this is? I didn’t notice it said what caliber it is”

RedAngel re-reads thread and comments, looks for clues besides the picture of the cartidge. Nothing!

Googles “450 Bushmaster”

Reads wikipedia description. Lightbulb turns on.

Comes back to thread feeling dumber and yet somehow also smarter than she was 3 minutes ago.

9 Likes

You are not dumb. That implies an inability to learn. You had an ignorance (lack of knowledge) of the topic but you rectified that situation with your reading. You educated yourself which shows intelligence.
That is how I learned about the caliber as well. I was looking at one thing and saw a sale on a barrel in 450 Bushmaster. I researched it and decided to go with a complete upper.
None of us knows everything. Together, we can teach others what we know…if they are interested.

11 Likes

@RedAngel

Don’t feel bad. Some of us have been around guns for a very long time.

In my case, it has been more than 50 years. I have been learning the whole time and continue to learn - still don’t even know the half of it. But, that is also part of the fun - learning and knowing you will never run out of things to learn about guns and ammo.

7 Likes

@RedAngel…I feel ya…only reason I know anything about that bullet is I had to learn. My 30 rem ar is now out of production and like pulling hens teeth from a coyote jaw while hes still alive and running with your bare hands. So I reload . In the process everything I read told me I can make the ammo from the 450 bushmaster since it is the parent ammo.

6 Likes

@RedAngel

Don’t feel that way. I was in that boat for EVERYTHING except .45 ACP .22 LR and 9mm just a few years ago. Now I’m like a cartridge connoisseur, I just cannot get enough. I look forward to hearing about a cartridge I do not know. I just learned about 9x25 Dillon and now I’m starting to nerd out on it.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Consider it a reason to learn instead of feeling dumb. Glass half full you know. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@RedAngel
You can be sure that not all of us do, but just think of all the fun to be had finding out…!
Would love to know what you need to leave out for the Gun Elves to just have that lovely piece of kit show up.:pray::gift:

4 Likes

Oh I’m happy to learn all this stuff, but I have to admit I’m running around most of the time in Land of the Lost.

It’s amazing how that upper just showed up and @ArmedEyeDoc had all the other parts he needed to fit it just laying around. I wish I had that kind of junk drawer.

5 Likes