I swear it just showed up!

@ArmedEyeDoc
"It just showed up, I know nothing "
And your wife bought that story?

5 Likes

Fortunately, my wife likes shooting as well. She doesnā€™t get upset when something ā€œjust shows up.ā€ She just wants to know if it is too heavy and if it kicks like a 45-70.

5 Likes

Is Robocops 500 BO going to just show up next?

5 Likes

@RedAngel
Like many others on the forum, I have been at this for a while and have an idea of what I want to buy/build in the future. I pick up parts to have spares since things do break. I also buy things when they are on a good sale because I figure I can use them at some point in time. My spare parts pales in comparison to a lot of people.
Just like knowledge of firearms, spare parts are gathered over a long time. Just when you think you have enough of either, something new will shows up.:rofl::rofl: Donā€™t be disappointed with your current knowledge or number of firearms/parts. The fun part is adding to both. You can only learn so much at a time and, unless you win the lottery, you canā€™t get all the firearms you want at once. Iā€™m sure even @Belt-Fed had to buy his a few at a time.

7 Likes

I wish. Even a friendā€™s and family discount is more than I could afford. I donā€™t think that could ā€œjust show up.ā€
I just hope to be able to shoot it one day - maybe this fall.

5 Likes

lol, hadnā€™t bought one in a while. when I can I want the one you have. I want that caliber and that bear creek looks really good.

5 Likes

I finally got this back out yesterday. It was wet and 45Ā°F so I only put about 30 more rounds through it.

I changed the buffer to an H2 because it is what I had. It cycled and picked up the next round every time and held open on the last round like it is supposed to. It still kicks like a mule.

I then changed the buffer spring to a Sprinco Red that I borrowed thinking that would help the recoil. It started having the same cycling problems again so I changed the springs back. I think it may like the red spring and an H3 buffer. I will also change the muzzle device to see what I can do to tame the recoil enough for Susan to shoot it.

I did not try to adjust the aim too much. Every time I shot it more than a few times, the scope loosened up. I forgot that I put that on there for looks and didnā€™t use anything to keep it tight.

6 Likes

Another thing ā€œjust showed upā€ a few days ago.

It has @Tactical_Reviews name on it. He must like me or something. Maybe it was the money I sent him that made him so generous. :rofl:
I will try to get it out to test it in the near future.

6 Likes

That thing is so sexy

6 Likes

Yes it is. It is smooth as crap as well, and I havenā€™t put lube on it yet.

6 Likes

Looks good Doc.

5 Likes

Awesome, how long before a range report?

5 Likes

Hopefully not long, but it may be a couple of weeks before I get out again.

5 Likes

Do Want I Need It GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@ArmedEyeDoc that is nice!

3 Likes