IDPA Airsoft?

Not unlike most others I’ve been out of touch with a lot, moved a couple/few/many times over just a few years and I realized I hadnt changed my USPSA/IDPA addresses, so I logged in to do that and what do I see?

IDPA AIRSOFT matches?

:scream: :sob: :sob: :weary::scream: :weary: :tired_face: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

Recent talk for Mulligans in PRS too.

The woosification of America is not slowing it is gaining momentum.

4 Likes

I wonder if the cost and availability of ammo is responsible? I know I’ve noticed some folks having stopped shooting in our local matches. Natural attrition or expense? I dunno.

5 Likes

Ammo is expensive now days. I think that has a lot to do with it

5 Likes

I actually think it’s a cool idea to get people into guns. It’s a gateway drug so to speak, especially with some airsoft guns handling similar to real ones. Thier should be BB gun matches too.

5 Likes

whats the difference?

4 Likes

Generally speaking airsoft uses plastic bb projectiles and its more tame meant for shooting people for fun while BB guns are not meant for that.

4 Likes

Does IDPA use steel targets? Cardboard would be OK, but not steel for BBs. They’d shoot their eye out with that. (Hey, it’s the Christmas season right?)

I can understand the wussification concern, but I agree, to keep people shooting and to get them into it I like the idea; .22 rimfire too. Just no lumping the airsoft & .22 shooters in with actual firearms. Basically shoot for fun. Maybe later come up with something different.

FWIW, I shoot .22 in Steel Challenge. But while we are lumped in with the shooters of 9mm and >9mm, we compete in our own division(s). I shoot .22 to save a few bucks while still getting practice in.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen .22lr available in a long time.

5 Likes

I haven’t even looked for it. After the last shortage I stacked it high and deep and have been shooting that for the last few years. When the UPS driver started to bring it out of the truck he commented on it. I told him the truth, “I shoot a lot.”.

Heck, I still have, and shoot, .22 that I bought 50 years ago. It’s as good as the day I bought it. Can’t have too much ammo.

But the small LGS has ammo stacked deep and high. Can’t say that I’ve seen .22 rimfire there either in my relaxed browsing. I normally get emails about ammo specials and no .22 seen in them for awhile.

5 Likes

I don’t know where you grew up :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

You guys are the reason they added warning labels :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Yep.

I standby my wusification comment. However I am in favor of shooting people for fun, always have been. Laser tag and paintball are kickass.

Totally think 22LR competition shooting is great. Personally most especially 100 yards and more.

Re PRS I am in favor of more classes than buying mulligans. Seems corrupt and doesn’t promote values I believe in or think we as a society should be supporting.

4 Likes

What is PRS?

3 Likes

I’m guessing that it’s precision rifle shooting. When I watched it ot was .22 rimfire out to 200 yards +. It was interesting. I think there’s a centerfire version.

5 Likes

Precision Rifle Series. To be clear I am not a member. Probably will shoot as a full outlaw this year. Depends on my location in 2022.

4 Likes

Whats on your agenda?

4 Likes

Depends on contracts. Everything is up in the air. If we switch gears all together it will be a minimal agenda, likes 2020 and 2021 :laughing: Still trying to get to

3 Likes

The southwest? Idaho is way nicer (not my pics)

downloadfile-3

downloadfile-1

4 Likes

Lol Indeed.

That was Wyoming though I understand the confusion. Not my pics neither.

4 Likes