If you could only have 1 rifle, pistol and shotgun for the rest of your life.

Ok completely hypothetical subject. Congress passed the repeal of almost all gun laws including NFA but you could only have 1 rifle, 1 pistol and 1 shotgun the rest of your life… what would you choose and why.

I’ll kick it off.

Rifle would be hard for me. It would be between an M4 and AR10. As much as I love my 308, I would probably choose M4 because it could be converted to so many different calibers plus it has a fun position on the selector.

Pistol, hands down my P320. Again I can shoot multiple calibers from it.

Shotgun, that would probably be my Benelli M2. It would be hard to give up my 870 or my dads A5. But I am more of a practical shooter and my M2 could fit multiple roles.

How about you all. What would you choose as your forever guns. Remember, you don’t need to currently own it and the NFA doesn’t exist.

10 Likes

I’ll scoop that from ya :wink:

Love the FAL but they are hefty, and if SCAR parts are needed they aren’t found as readily as AR10

Though as you point out an AR15 could run a .30 so… is there still time to think it over some more? :grinning:

8 Likes

Great topic @TheRogueBanshee!!

For the rest of my life eh? Damn.

Pistol: Glock 20 (holy shit, did I just say that?) — reasoning is 10mm. Enough said.

Rifle: AR in 6.5 Grendel, 20” or longer barrel — reasoning is strong cartridge that can reach out and touch something 1,000+ yards away.

Shotgun: Ithaca Model 37 in 20ga — reasoning is, uhh, best smoothest operating shotgun ever and because AMERICA.

10 Likes

Large caliber bolt-action rifle 308

AR pistol 5.56

Mossberg 500 12ga pump

9 Likes

The same thing I have now. M4 in 6.8 SPC, because it is inherently better than 5.56 in the same short barrel platform. Or a 20 inch rifle. And my 1911. I don’t know enough for shotguns to make a decision based on a lot of input. My only time was the Remington 870 tactical in contracting.

8 Likes

Just becaus it is you… yes you can have more time

7 Likes

Good as I need to think over the benefits of 22lr and .410 shotgun

8 Likes

You can argue your glock 20 can be converted and is the best choice (other than it being 10mm and enough said)

8 Likes

Remember there is no NFA. Might want to make that an M4 pistol. An AR pistol is totally legit until you put a stock on it. But a pistol brace would be okay.

8 Likes

Okay, I fixed my selection

8 Likes

Exactly why I chose it. I believe I can get four different cartridges out of it. Plus like I mentioned before I seem to somehow be accurate with it. :thinking:

Obviously a 1911 was choice #2.

10 Likes

AK-47
Glock 19
Mossberg 500
Cuz I’m a simple kind of guy…

11 Likes

That’s gonna be a tough one, I wouldn’t choose a pistol at all. i’ll have to think a bit on that one.

10 Likes

Pistol: Glock model 17, Gen 5 full auto selector and a short can.

Rifle: BCM M4 with BFH upper in 6.5 Grendel, CHF, CL Barrel. Full auto. With A2 QD can.

Shotgun:
Molot VEPR 12 full auto with can. 35 rd drum. Stand in, or close second Benelli M4

10 Likes

16- 75-1897

11 Likes

OK, i’m just gonna go with what I have, I ain’t buyin nothing else.

M-16A1
H&K MP5
Browning A5

11 Likes

M-16
CZ-75
1897 Winchester

Did I get that right?

10 Likes

Pistol - my Colt Competition 1911 .45acp
Rifle - my Stag Arms AR-15 5.56/.223
Shorgun - my Winchester M12 12 ga

10 Likes

Rifle:
Ruger Mini 14 stainless steel.
Revolver:
Smith and Wesson 640 .357 magnum.
Shotgun:
Weatherby Orion 12 gauge over under.
Pistol:
Ruger Mark IV .22 cal.

9 Likes

That’s cheating. A revolver is a pistol.

8 Likes