If you had to bug out on foot

@rjburk first off, I didn’t change anything! I posted approximately my plan if I had to travel on foot off the top of my head. I added more detail as you asked questions! I may have been less than perfectly clear for you, but I was not all over in my description. I never claimed I was carrying a hundred pound pack plus pulling a 200 pound or 800 pound of cart with four people sitting on my shoulders while carrying a keg of beer under my armpit

2 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade This thing looks awesome is your cart something like this?
1 Like

I wish lol mine has 16 or 20" wheels. I like that 1

1 Like

Okay jf89,

Back in 1992 I was a corporate Regional Infrastructure/Information/Security Manager for one of the largest 7 day a week, 3 shifts a day, international businesses in the health & drug industry.

My main responsibility was Daily Information Technology Operations, System Implementations/Security Integrity/Services & Product Contract Negotiations/Regulatory Audits/Client and Senior Corporate Reports on Production/Project Presentations/Annual Budgets and so on of 13 state-of-art automated facilities throughout the United States that serviced over 1 million customers per week.

From within those different facilities, the (MIS) Management Information Service Managers, Facility Managers and Security Managers reported to me directly. Each manager would have a staff of approximately 5 - 20 personnel within each facility depending on size.

In the late 90’s, the largest facility that serviced approximately 300 thousand customers went on strike (a work stoppage was declared) during contract negotiations.

I was tasked by senior corporate management and company board members to do whatever I needed to do to insure that our customers were not impacted negatively by the work stoppage from those approximately 1,800 support employees and I quote, "You have an unlimited money budget’.

For 120 days, I was the head logistics coordinator in charge to insure the company operations remained fluent and undisturbed by any of the people on the picket lines declaring their on strike.

To assist in that process, I hired a corporate security team out of the northwest region of the country, known as ‘Blackwater Protection’ today, but under and different name back then.

The crew was made up of former military, police, S.W.A.T., federal marshals and security guards that comprised of approximately 40 men in total.

Each of them was being managed and directed by a former USAF Staff Sergeant - Bryan Stockdale, who did several secret tours during the Vietnam War, part of the original ‘SOG’ unit.

Needless to say, my team/staff and I successfully got the organization through it’s longest work stoppage (Strike) ever in history with no significant issue and/or loss of service to our customers, thanks to Bryan and his crew.

Bryan and his crew of professionals played an absolute key role in protecting not only the facility, but also key employees and their family’s 24/7 until the work stoppage was completely over with 120 days later.

Yes, I received death threats almost daily during that time along with others within the organization. No employee or family member was ever confronted with any physical threat during the strike. Bryan and his crew made damn sure that wouldn’t happen and I was very grateful for his insurances.

When it became time for Bryan and his crew to head home, he gave me some photographs of the actual event and past operations during his war time, his business card along with a book that he helped co-write called, ‘SOG’ – The Secret Wars of America’s Commandos in Vietnam.

He left a very kind message in the book for me and it was a welcoming surprise when I finally got to reading it.

He’s a hell of a guy and that’s putting it mildly. I’ll never forget him as long as I live.

During that entire time, I had no true understanding of Bryans complete background until I finished reading his book.

So, I’d recommend the book to anyone who’s interested in what really went on pre-war of Vietnam and throughout.

Parts of the book goes in detail on what these guys actually went through to achieve their objective.

I learned a lot!

4 Likes

I’m familar with OIS. I’m a USAF veteran of SAC 341st. 84-90 - last mission ‘Desert Eagle’.

5 Likes

you made no distinctions that cart was rated at 800 lbs in first post…you said ( I have a large elk-deer/ cart that makes moving several hundred up to 800 pounds fairly easy for one person ) If that is not what you meant ? then describe correctly/ more accurately next time…I can’t decipher what you posted versus what you meant…either way I call BS…

5 Likes

Yes, the cart is rated for, didn’t mean to imply I was loading up 800lb. Any particular reason your acting like an argumentative ass over a theoretical scenario?

2 Likes

@rjburk calm down & let your laxative kick in you’ll feel better.

2 Likes

When I smell it I know it …

I’ll bet you can smell it, you’re standing in a huge pile of shit! Glad to see your laxitive worked for you. Obviously your sorry ass can only handle carrying a purse! You’ve proven your ignorance /stupidity on the subject, thanks for sharing Butter cup! FYI , I hear the forum is starting an exlusive “JUST FOR WOMEN” section. Now you have a place !:slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Only way I’m bugging out on foot is if I’m away from the family and have to get back to them. I’m extremely resourceful and a bad ass tech… i’m getting wheels of some kind.

3 Likes

I would take one of them souped up Ford Explorers that the cops have. The ones with armor. What would you drive?

1 Like

Be nice to overpower and commandeer a swat/riot control vehicle

1 Like

That would be cool. I wonder what mpg it gets?

1 Like

Probably 3 to 6 miles per gallon City LOL

Thats disapointing. I think a segway with a mounted gun would be cool and efficient.

1 Like

My luck, the only driveable thing I would find would be a pimped out POS Gran Marquis on twennah fows… bitches!

1 Like

All the weight from the armor panels , i wouldn’t think it would be very efficient