If you had to relocate what state would you move to?

Eastern side of the mountains of Montana throughout the winter stays fairly warm from the chinook winds throughout the afternoon. During the nights it will get bitter cold, well below zero often, however because of those day winds, it typically gets up to the mid sixties in the middle of the winter often. In the mountains or west of the mountains, that’s a different story. Heavy winters typically with plenty of snow, sometimes throughout the entire year depending on where you are at. I worked all over the state in the 80s. I really like the Helena area or Lincoln area a lot. I lived in Great Falls for six years, which wasn’t bad at all. I also like the ‘Little Belt’ mountain region as well. I could easily settle someplace remote within that area and live happily ever after!

5 Likes

The other thing I’ll add, the native Montanans are great people too! If you are ever broke down along the road, I’ll guarantee that the next driver will stop and ask if you need any help. Wonderful hard working people, very conservative and most dislike the government.

5 Likes

Neo nazis are only in one part of Idaho really and theres plenty of liberals in Idaho, after living in Oregon most of my life I think “too conservative” is better then “too progressive”.

5 Likes

Yes and no. [quote=“jf89, post:23, topic:3441, full:true”]
I think “too conservative” is better then “too progressive”.
[/quote]

That’s really in the eye of the beholder. The world isn’t black and white, somewhere middle of the road is best. One should be pragmatic and just look at the issues and tasks at hand, not too far to the left and not too far to the right. Just keep an open mind. But I really don’t want to go off-topic too much and derail Mr Torque’s thread. Nor do I want to discuss politics.

3 Likes

@Mr Torque What about OR or western NV (Reno, Carson City) given your desire of being closer to your wife’s kin in CA? Skiing in CA would be nearby! Go figure…NV is good to go in the gun rights realm and Reno and Carson City have not been exposed to nuclear testing fallout. You might want to consider NV!

1 Like

Faie enough ,too each his own.

2 Likes

They are pushing for a complete “assualt weapons” ban here in Oregon and they are trying to raise taxes so illegal immigrants can qualify for medical along with trying to make the whole state a sanctuary state…not trying to get in another political discussion but people probably should know a states political stance on stuff like sanctuary cities and gun rights before even considering them. Oregon is the next California and I would avoid it at all cost, at least IMO.

4 Likes

I didn’t know that, how horrible!

1 Like

I’ll stay in Texas and hope that one day we secede and then take over Mexico and teach them how real Mexican food should be done. :slight_smile:

We just need to build a border wall on our north, east, and west borders to keep the Damn Yankees out of our Republic!

2 Likes

Not a fan of Oregon’s politics and Nevada is boring geologically. Trust me, I’ve spent a very long time with my research to narrow it down to the states I have on my list. :+1:

3 Likes

You might consider the Missouri Ozarks I own 80 acres with a 3000 square foot home 30 by 40 shop and taxes are less than $1800 a year.

3 Likes

okay, I see. Roger that, brother.

2 Likes

Wrong direction mate. Not anywhere east of the Rockies. Wife’s family lives in SoCal so that’s one of the primary reasons for going out west is to be closer to them. It’s ~1,400 miles from where we are in Texas so further east is going in the wrong direction. :cowboy_hat_face: Appreciate the suggestion though.

3 Likes

Your completely correct on knowing a states politics as related to firearms among other things. As I’m currently in Ca that is clearly why I’m drawn to AZ.
On the other hand, I really hate the idea of giving up the fight here. And I think that goes to the entire west coast states. I can tolerate a lot but nibbling away at my rights is to much. Plenty of rebellion here to sanctuary state issue but clearly insufficient rebellion to stupid gun restrictions.
I have my CCW here but it’s a full creative writing exercise to get past the “good cause” justification. I’ll be voting soon for a new Sheriff who vows to make Orange County a “Shall issue” county.
But I’m getting older and will one day live free in the Free State of AZ.

5 Likes

I have always liked Maryland (Eastern Shore) for the Bay, fishing and boating. But the gun laws are even worse than NY anymore. I’m standing pat and playing what I was dealt - here in the empire of Czar Cuomo.

With God’s help we may topple him. “Cuomo” is the NY equivalent of the “Castro” family of Cuba.

3 Likes

The Green Isolationist Socially Conservative Politically Libertarian Gunners and Latinas Republic of Old Fartia. Best country in the world.

2 Likes

I’ve been to every state in the US except one. If I was retiring and not needing to concern myself with finding employment I would definitely choose Wyoming. A very pro-gun state and I assume that is a big issue to everyone on this forum. It’s inexpensive to live there and there are plenty of hunting and fishing opportunities. Also room for long distance shooting which is hard to find in most states and something I enjoy.

5 Likes

I agree but WY isn’t a good place for anyone in their 30s or 40s who need to still work for a living otherwise that would be my second choice. :smiley:

4 Likes

I moved to Oregon 25 years ago. Wouldn’t do it now given how the extreme left’s dominance is over the top. If it gets too bad, Idaho would be the first place I’d consider given the proximity and that my parents live there.

4 Likes

Keep in mind WY has rather sh*tty gun laws though. No SYG, for instance. I’d never want to live in a State that doesn’t have good SYG laws. DTR just don’t cut it. Same goes for vague, undecided States such as AR or PA. AZ is just king of the hill where it comes to gun rights (and Latinas…)

2 Likes