If you had to relocate what state would you move to?

Stand Your Ground, Duty To Retreat.

1 Like

De nada, amigo. Glad to help out.

No hablas Español?? Bad boy!! !:joy: :wink: We ought to collectively piss off the Dick-in-Chief.

Same here. Oh and you cannot pump your own petrol in to your car in OR. F that noise.

As beautiful as that state is (and it’s stunning!) I agree. It’s becoming a political minefield for libertarians in the middle (me) and conservatives (the wife) with the left/far left taking over. Oh and that no self fuel pumping thing, no thanks, don’t touch my car.

1 Like

One of my daughters lives in Salem Or. She says some cities are allowing self serve. I also prefer to pump my own fuel but I also recall being kinda pissed off when self serve started. For awhile there were self serve islands and full serve islands. The price didn’t drop when you had to serve yourself but went up for the same service we used to get. A few years and full serve was a thing of the past.
Kinda like grocery stores now. Why would I want to do the work of a cashier and bagger without a discount. Soon enough there may not be cashiers at all. And some time after that we won’t want anybody touching our food.
But I digress.

1 Like

Oh trust me I’m with you. Full service fueling was phased out around here when I was younger.

I do. And checked your oil, filled your tires and washed your windows. Plus S&H green stamps and sometimes a free gift.
Times have changed.

5 Likes

@mquinn55
Times have changed. Most cars don’t have dip sticks to check the oil!

2 Likes

UREA. Ugh I hate that stuff soooooo much. Nothing like 60% ammonia to make you think twice before you spill it.

Ahhh, the aroma of DEF. Reminds me of that old cat lady’s house we used to live next to as a kid.

2 Likes

rjburk: Sorry for the long delay in responding. Thanks for the info on Savannah.

Updated the first post with more accuracy. Here are the areas my wife and I have decided on.

6 Likes

See, and I would have targeted the green area’s.

3 Likes

Finding land in a state or national forest / park is extremely rare and expensive.

2 Likes

Whats your budget?

1 Like

A lot size of 8000 sq/ft ?
Can’t build a Hickok45 range on that.
Not a consideration.
Need acreage.

4 Likes

After seeing @brianpurkiss 's run-n-gun set up I wouldn’t do a Hickok one

2 Likes

Robert:

so you don’t consider $150+ per square foot as expensive? what about the fact the house is over 100 years old and still costs that much? that sure sounds expensive to me!

2 Likes

Good point. So room for several ranges.
More acreage. more, More, MORE!!!

4 Likes

We are building our own steel house and on a bare minimum of 20+ acres. For me personally my biggest thing is this kind of a view is required.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/100-Pete-Creek-Rd-Mackay-ID-83251/2094012107_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Tbd-N-Grays-Creek-Rd-Indian-Valley-ID-83632/2115036330_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Lots-8-&-9-Sportsmans-Paradise-Wagon-Tr-Cameron-MT-59720/2099569299_zpid/

4 Likes