If you know how to shoot a revolver, it's really not that bad

I hear it all the time. I hate the 500 magnum, it hurts. Or people drop it. Learning how to shoot this beast will make a huge difference. Even the biggest, baddest loads are easy to shoot.

Looks like fun!

Hahahhaa awesome. Hey, FYI the intro to your videos I can hear, but the actual video I have a hard time hearing.

I’ll need to check that, these are older videos. I can hear them but have to turn them all the way up.

In the big magnums, the heavier bullets moderate recoil for some reason. I notice it in my 629 and 29.

That sure isn’t the case with long guns. The 203gr pills coming out of my Mosin pack a bit of a larger thump to the shoulder than the 174gr’s. Same brand, same factory too. Any idea the physics behind it?

Not a clue, except that in my reloads the powder charge on the heavier bullets is reduced to keep the pressures safe. It is more of a “push” than a “jolt”.

This video reminds me of when I first started shooting handguns in the more powerful calibers.

I was first a little overwhelmed by (ok, don’t laugh) .44 magnum (in a handgun). Now, I think nothing of the recoil of even the .460 S&W (in a handgun). It really comes down to shooting stance and grip on the gun, plus psychology and experience.

Rifle and shotgun recoil - somewhat same, but since I have yet to figure out how to make my upper body be as fluid as my hands and arms, the recoil can sometimes be unpleasant. Thus, repeated recoil (like shooting trap with a 12 gauge), or like shooting .45-70 with hotter and heavier loads more than a few times (like at a rifle range), can create a lasting (think, bruise), painful impact.

Arthritis makes it tougher with the big bores when you get older.