If I were starting my collection from scratch, or someone wanted to get started in guns, this would be my recommended order of buying guns.
- 9mm double stack
- .223 “pmag adapter” rifle (I’d recommend an AR-15)
- .22lr training rifle
- .22lr training pistol
- Bolt action long range rifle in .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor (If you have the budget, an AR-10)
- PCC (great for home defense and training)
- Upgrade optics and triggers
- 12 Gauge shotgun (unless you want to go bird hunting, then this would be higher)
- Mil spec for fun rifle (like a Garand)
- Repeat entire list until you’ve sold everything else you own
Quite the subjective list, so I’m curious what everyone else’s recommended order would be.