I'm Considering a Bulk Purchase of Ammo - Good Idea?

NEVER nickel and dime
Always buy by the case
Never sell yourself short
You can thank me in 5 years

7 Likes

And they ship to your door with your FFL07?

4 Likes

I meant 03, which you already answered.

3 Likes

Probably be against the to have more than 100 rounds at a time. That is unless the next dem potus dosnt get semi autos banned entirely.

4 Likes

Ammunition is sealed as long as you don’t let the cases get wet then the ammo will last longer than you. If you keep it in a relatively cool dry place it will be fine. Bulk ammo is cheaper than by the box. I bought 1000 CCI 9mm from Palmetto and it was exactly $200. That is pretty cheap compared to the ammo prices I see at the stores and ranges around me. BTW I have 7.62X39 that I bought in 95 and I still shoot it with no problems. I also have 300 WBY mag that was reloaded in the 70’s and I still shoot that also without any issues. So have at it and enjoy.

7 Likes

Use this:

Sell a kidney and max out all your credit cards. Put millions of rounds in.50 cal (or “Fat” .50) ammo cans until your basement is full up to the overhead floorboards.

Go wear the rifling out of your gun barrels.

:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

That reminds me of a post that I saw by a certain member from PA who bought a full pallet of 50 cal ammo cans and promptly filled them all. I think he likes a certain Chuck Norris movie.

10 Likes

:joy: I’ve since bought & filled more…

9 Likes

Did you build another house to store your ammo?

8 Likes

Let’s just say I call some alternative places home

10 Likes

I am pretty small time. This is for a slight overflow of my slingshot rocks.

11 Likes

Because shooting eyes out is good for business.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

$25 for fifty rounds of 9mm seems excessive.
Especially for range ammo.
But there’s no need to worry about storage.
Properly made ammo will last decades.
Even out in the garage, subject to hot summers and cold winters.
I’ve run some through the washing machine and it still worked just fine.

5 Likes

Actually King David took down a giant with a sling shot soooo… :wink:

6 Likes

A friend had to move to NY state for work.
When he wanted ammo, he just drove to eastern Pa and bought it there.
NY politicians seem to suffer from an arrogance that is only exceeded by their ignorance.
Hm, probably could say that about most politicians, come to think.

7 Likes

I drove to NH, partly sight seeing, wow, live free or die motto is a fraud

and for no state sales tax ammo and whisky were not any cheaper than FL with it

7 Likes

You lost all your guns in a boating accident but still buying ammo for them. Hmmmm…

8 Likes

Only for the soul purpose of weighing the boxes down to allow them to properly secure the foundation of the house. With all the recent rain, I figured full ammo cans to be the best structural support mechanisms known to man for shoring up a sliding foundation. :+1:

9 Likes

When I drove over the road, I could stop in Illinois and buy ammo without a foid card because I lived in Indiana and had Indiana I’d. Illinois residents still needed a foid card to buy ammo.

6 Likes

Interesting. I’ve not been there as an adult, but would not have expected that. :confused:

6 Likes