I'm new here.

Greetings, I’m John, I recently came across this forum/group while watching some videos by Hickock45 on YouTube. It looks like a good source of information and pointers. I’ve been shooting for recreation for years on my family’s farm. I currently have a Sig 250 9mm, an Umberto 1873 cattleman 7.5 inch barrel in 45 long colt, a Marlin 336 in 30-30, a Rock Island armory 12 gauage shot gun, my grandfather’s 20 gauage Sears and Roebuck break action shoutgun, and my newest acquisition a EAA Girsan M1911s. I recently moved to northwest Mississippi and I’m still looking for a local place to go shooting.

18 Likes

@Syrrom, welcome to the FULL30 fourm👍

14 Likes

Thanks, gald to be here.

14 Likes

Welcome to Full30. Lots of things we take seriously, but there are those topics that we don’t and sometimes nothing stops a topic from being derailed.

14 Likes

Welcome @Syrrom !!
Great to have you here with us at Full 30.

14 Likes

Welcome from Florida, hopefully you will find a nice place to shoot soon. Maybe one that even sells ammo.

14 Likes

Welcome from central Maine, sounds like you have some nice firearms there, 1911 owners always have the best posts. :runlikehell:

13 Likes

I’m new to the 1911s, but I’m looking to learn as much as I can.

14 Likes

1911s are pretty nice and I’m prone to understatement.

I just did a duckduckgo search and found lots of shooting ranges in NW MS. I don’t think you’ll have any problem finding one. I even saw one that pictured competition. You have at least one handgun that will do that. Have you ever considered it? FWIW, we don’t shoot competitively because we’re GODs gift to shooting but to get better. :yep:

Assuming ammo of course.

13 Likes

I was down around Booneville years ago, we never bother with ranges, but I had friends with farms. You should be able to put that Marlin to good use in those soybean fields.

12 Likes

Welcome aboard! I’m a relative novice of the 1911 intricacies but not to the 1911 itself as I’ve owned a few for over 30+ years. Jump right in and we can all learn about them.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

13 Likes

Welcome from California @Syrrom
Must have been nice to have your own spot to shoot on. I hope you do find something local soon.

12 Likes

Welcome from southwest GA.

13 Likes

Welcome!

12 Likes

Welcome to the full30 forum, all you need to know is Robert is the admin and Lonewolf is his sidekick/mod. Also most threads dont stay on topic too long.

14 Likes

Welcome from near Raleigh NC

12 Likes

Welcome from KY.

13 Likes

@Syrrom welcome to full30.

13 Likes

Welcome from Texas! I haven’t been to northwest MS yet, but I used to live near Biloxi when my Dad was stationed at Keesler AFB. He retired almost 30 years ago and still lives there.

15 Likes