Im thinking of getting A DSA FAL, any advice?

Yeah I have seen both videos you are referring to. The problem with the inrange mud test and rob ski’s sand tornado is the amount of debris that enters the firearms. In my experience running and gunning the amount of debris actually entering a firearm is very low. The AR15s that experienced problems had zero debris in them. You also asked what types. DPMS, Ruger, Aero precision, spikes, and a build or two of course. Most suffered from extraction problems in low temperatures. I completely understand your points on the more open AK 47 action area as long as you can try to understand that I’m giving you actual personal experience, I have no reason to misinform you or any one on the forum. The ar-15s that you mentioned being quality are very good. I hope you can understand that not everyone can drop $2000.00 to &3,000.00 on a rifle. The AK47s That didn’t have a problem where $600.00 to 1,000.00. Just a quick word on accuracy. I personally own 1 AK47 and 2 AK74 rifles that consistently shoot M.O.A. With quality ammunition.

Of course, I get your drift and do realize finance might be a constraint.

Rob has trouble with practically every AK, not only as a result of the sand tornado. Just for the sake of the argument the AK may or may not be an adequate platform, but the point is that nothing is made to spec, you see? A milspec AR-15 is a milspec AR-15, they tend to work across the board. AKs not so much.The '74 is a whole other matter in the accuracy department! Credit definitely given where it’s due.

The thing with AKs is not really the round, I think 7.62x39 is okay for what it does and there is in fact enough quality, good performing ammo out there: Barnaul milspec, GT, Wolf, WPA, Prvi, Brown/Silver/Gold Bear. It’s the platform itself. I do not like the ergos, the usually crude manufacture, the sharp edges and the loose tolerances. I like quality guns. The Galil ACE is a whole other ball park and can in fact bring the AK-47 type platform to Nirvana status.

ALG Defense AKT-UL Trigger
Lantac Dragon DGN762B Muzzle Brake
RS Regulate GAR-10M-R Rail Handguard
KNS Precision Galil ACE Stock Adapter (if one has the desire to get rid of the folding stock;)
DPH Arms Pignose Adapter
Vltor RE-A5:A5 Receiver Extension
Daniel Defense Castle Nut
Troy Industries Pro Grade Sling Adapter
Magpul CTR Stock w/ Enhanced Rubber Butt-pad 0.70" & 0.50 Cheek Riser
Magpul 5-Slot Aluminum M-Lok Rail Section @ 3, 6 & 9
Magpul M-Lok Rail Covers Type 1 & Type 2
Magpul M-Lok QD Sling Mount
TangoDown SCAR P-Rail Panels 6”
TangoDown SCAR P-Rail Panels 2”
LaRue Tactical LT-FUG Forward Universal ‘Pillar’ Grip
Phase5 Mini Hand Stop M-Lok
Aimpoint Comp M4S w/ EOTech G33.STS 3x Magnifier
Surefire M600 Ultra Z68 Weapon Light – American Defense Manufacturing M600 PKG Mount Combination w/ AD-TacLever Upgrade @ 9
Savvy Sniper Quad X Cobra Sling
2x ALG Defense Forged Sling Swivel
FAB Defense Ultimag AK 30R Magazines
Magpump Mag-Dump AK47 Magazine Unloader
Thunderstruck AK-47 Speedloader

I can respect where your coming from with consistency. P.S. you are correct in another thread you stated you get what you pay for, and I agree. Case in point a accurate AK in .308

That stock is gorgeous. Does your wife happen to be Japanese or you just like their blades?

Good eye! Those are cheap display models from china ( gift), but if you like the real thing.

@jf89
Sorry for the derailing this thread everyone.

@jf89
There’s always parts kit rifles!

Boom! Thread back on track!

Yeah I really do think it’s worth it. That’s only 50 rounds of .308 worth of ammo.

Sorry for the delay in the reply. I’m finishing a brake.

![image|666x500](upload://cAKpUFX25zRUwA5GxNopLMZW8Es.jpeg)

Would it make it any better if the brake was going on one of those rifles you don’t like?

I have taken quite a few carbine courses and the only AR15s that really have alot of issues are bubba guns and cheapies. I even took one course that was 1100 rounds in two days and had zero issues with my AR, ive actually never needed my back up. Lube your AR15 every 3-500 rounds and clean it every 3-5 thousand rounds and it will run like A raped ape. Checkout this article, Pat Rogers ran his AR15 for well over 40k with nothing more then one or two cleanings and a bunch of lube

https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-t-magazine-filthy-14/

Also in carbine courses 99% of the people run AR15s so no doubt they will be what you see go down. The AR15 is reliable, I dont know how it would compare to the AK though. I have a friend that showed me a video of him and some of his buddies in the sandbox trying to catch an AK on fire and it blew up instead ,I think he said it was Pakistani. Theres also instructors like Larry Vickers and Travis Haley who teach classes on both platforms and prefer the AR, I will try to find their articles on the topic later.