Im thinking of getting A DSA FAL, any advice?

With every restriction, there is a work around!

2 Likes

The PTR is a carbon copy of the original G3 - uses the exact same machines owned by HK.

I’m a big fan of the roller delay system. The aftermarket support for the G3/PTR is pretty solid. I actually met one of the engineers over at HK parts and he was a real cool guy working on some real exciting stuff.

3 Likes

Imbel fal
This weapon is accurate and reliable and is a great choice
Don’t not choose a fal just because this thread has serious ar fan boy that thinks the more money you spend the better the weapon

3 Likes

People should buy what they want, regardless. But it’s important to realize some of the benefits of one rifle over another, such as the free floated barrel of an AR, or how it is completely modular.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Funny thing is the only member who actually used one in a professional sense can not legally own it.

4 Likes
1 Like

:poop:

4 Likes

This is a serious battle rifle

6 Likes

referring to the FN and we don’t use the M4 but Canadian specific designed AR C7/C8 (which we can own, a whole bunch just got surplused).

3 Likes

Did you like the FAL? Any big drawbacks to the rifle?

with the FN C1A1 I was able to hit a center of mass target at 1000 metres. Most combat arms types were able to qualify to a minimum of 600 metres.
When they were implimenting the C7/8s into the system a lot of the older NCO/SNCO could still be seen humping FN in the field.
It was a matter of if I can see you, I can hit you.
My load out was 7 mags and if we had to ditch or bug out from the tank I would grab my rifle from the turret bin and a belt from the 7.62 gpmg
drawback - it was a 7.62 rifle that was able to reach out and touch you.

3 Likes

I really really would like to get a hold of one of these but it’s really hard to find them and when you do there 6-7k
Fnc

4 Likes

Is that a 21" barrel?

Yes

1 Like

figure 11
17" x 45"

2 Likes

I have an FNC and they are worth every penny in my opinion. I will not sell mine… ever.
As for the FAL i have owned a few of them. To me, they are reliable and accurate enough that I do not want to be down range from one. I just pocked up a new DS Arms 16.5" paratrooper and after I Cerakote it something weird I will shoot the crap out of it including steel case.
DS Arms has improved quite a bit… while some of their cheaper parts guns had a bad reputation, their higher end stuff I never saw a problem with.

The FAL was the first semi auto 308 I ever purchased and I am a fan of the left hand charge handle. While a bit heavy, compared to other rifles it is not that bad. Depends on how much stuff you add on to them really.

3 Likes