In lieu of an ignore button

@Robert
Good point on trying to help. The answer you can come and go as you please sounds like doing nothing. If that’s the way they want it then ok. I’m a guest here I’m not the host.

2 Likes

It is kind of annoying having to scroll through countless news posts with no opinions or attempt at conversation, so a political sub forum sounded good but as mentioned earlier a right wing circle jerk would happen and probably would not be a good idea. Banning him is kind of harsh though.

2 Likes

That sounds like wanting a succesful operation in which the patient will however die. I’m against any creation of a political or whatever section. Let’s keep Full30 purely gun related and free of Alt Right trolls and spammers. The anti’s are watching!!! Don’t give them fodder… I rest my case.

4 Likes

I asked him and he said no. The guy is not a bot.

2 Likes

Sounds like a canned reply. Try tripping it up by using a different word other than bot. Perhaps are you an automaton?

3 Likes

Challenge accepted.
automaton

2 Likes

Place your bets gentleman. I say bot.
The anticipation is killing me.

3 Likes

Bot. He gotta be one!

2 Likes
  1. No point in that, as the anti gunners might join up and make fools of us regardless.

2. I’m against politics/crack pot topics/extremism on a gun board.

3 Likes

I’m here to talk guns, building guns, shooting guns, collecting guns, I’ll even talk about 2A laws and politics relating to 2A. But I don’t care to talk about foreign policy, the middle east, or the next great computer game.

3 Likes

Exactly this. Nothing agency or foreign military related. I’m not even remotely interested in any weaponry we cannot have as civies. Look at BS TFB, 9 out of 10 of their daily topics covers agency contracts or the latest laser, pacer or taser geared towards the military. Boooooriiiing… Full30 should only and exclusively be about civilian gun ownership, civilian shooting, civilian gun related content. A site about handguns and rifles, a site by the People and for the People.

4 Likes

In the words of the late curly!me three!!!

2 Likes

In the end, that’s up to Full30. One forum I helped to build was a Pontiac Bonneville club. It was dying because it was very exclusive. I opened it up to all L67 type engines and it grew. After a while it became all GM cars, When I parted ways it was growing fast. But I do like the idea of for what we have access to, but including NFA items. How to fix, build, shoot, USPSA, IPSA, IDPA, range stories, etc. But the site needs constant moderation, not once a week or so. Once bots get in it’s like they send out a signal and will flood the site. New members see this and bail. Never leave a question unanswered, even if it’s I’ll see what I can find. For the site to grow, it needs dedicated members willing to spend time here and talk to new members. With nothing to talk about, there’s no reason to stay. Always link within the site, worst thing we can do is send new members to a different forum. If they find the answer there, they will remain there. If you took the time to find the answer, copy and paste it here. Link them to other threads. Try to include a question with your answer to get they to reply. That is how we keep them coming back, that is how we help the site grow.

3 Likes

Exactly. The interwebs is chock full of this content should anyone want to participate in it. This is a firearm related site so why are we having to sit through the stuff that isn’t related? At the bare minimum we need a separation of this unrelated content and the meat and potatoes of the site.

Oh and a ban on all bots. I sniffed gunowner out as a bot a while ago and all but proved nyrifle was the same “person” in a thread. So as you said we need constant moderation. Like you I’m on here pretty much all day and would be willing to help out. Once the bots and the riff raff takes over it’ll be an uphill battle.

2 Likes

I’ve helped other forums in the past, it’s a major battle to rid the bots. We need a good strong spray.

2 Likes

Agreed. Just as long as it’s not Aspray…

1 Like

Will a flame thrower work?

1 Like

Yes, I would prefer mini nukes and a fatboy but the feds frown on me trying order them off gunbroker.

1 Like

Fallout 4 reference for the win!! You must be butter cuz you on a roll.

2 Likes

If you can get there early enough, you can find them at the gun show loop hole table, but they never have enough.

3 Likes