Insurance?

We did have one guy that shot thru his steel door at two people trying to break in . He used a 30_30 and killed one and wounded the other with one shot and yes it made quite a mess . But the law refused to charge him and charged the wounded one with murder among other things . Then t he local DA told their family that they could not sue.

4 Likes

Now thats good ending, its shameful to protect you and loved ones then worry about getting charged for murder. Im glad the situation turned out the way it did…cheers!

2 Likes

Not that I know personally. I guy in in a class I took said a friend of his spent about $15k to defend himself for an assault with a deadly weapon charge for pulling his gun on someone. He won his case but it cost him. The topic of insurance came up right after that.

Now I understand that falls into the “I heard it from a friend who knows a fellow who says it’s true” catagory.
But in Calif. it’s believable enough.

5 Likes

If I lived behind enemy lines I would pay for the insurance . But being in a free state I will hold off for now.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input…cheers!!

3 Likes

Have to agree!! If I lived somewhere like California… i would have the insurance.

2 Likes

There is a reason why it’s calles the red state…although California is on my bucket list to visit!!

3 Likes

I have had to pass through California more than once. Mainly on my way to the coast to head north up 101 in Oregon.
I have decided at this point I am not traveling any further east than Billings Montana…

3 Likes

@RogueGunnWorks perfect, I need to know a gunsmith…but I do understand about driving in the “red zone “

4 Likes

Here’s a good video on this topic from my favorite 2A you tuber.

2 Likes