Is the .40 S&W dying off?

For the record I like all handgun calibers from 22 on up :grin:

5 Likes

5 Likes

9mm ammo has came a long ways since then. That and people need to train. Shot placement FTW. Really, in terms of ballistics .45 acp, .40 S&W and 9mm are really close unless you are punching threw barriers. Theres a video of a guy dropping a moose with 3 rounds from a 9mm Glock, that says about as much as the Miami shoot out.

Did you read the article from a Chicago cop who shot a druggie 14 times with .45 acp and the guy still stood? Outside of .357/10mm (at least) I dont think any of them are “great” man stoppers.

1 Like

Yes I did read that article, 14 times seems almost unbelievable :thinking:

3 Likes

images
Ok, ok… Last one. Lol

4 Likes

I’ll never understand the petty need to disparage and insult other people who love the same things you do just because they chose differently. I mean the hate towards .40 S&W is strong…and it is ludicrous.

The fact is the .40 S&W puts a large hole in the target with the ballistics similar to that of a .45 ACP and we all know the .45 ACP doesn’t have any fanboys or detractors do we? /sarcasm

I like things that go bang, in all shapes and sizes. I may poke fun at some stuff but if push came to shove and my life depended on it if it went bang I’d use it because it is better than a pointy stick.

4 Likes

I agree, I joke around about it but thats it. To tell you the truth I am more of a 9mm guy now of days due to the price of ammo and the pistol sizes. .40 seems like a cool round,I just posted this question for informational purposes, not to troll.

3 Likes

@Joe-Bob, it’s all good mate. Wasn’t directing any of that to you or the topic itself. :smiley: Was more saying my opinion about what “the caliber debate” does and how dumb it is. And I said all of that above as someone who originally saw no point to a .40 S&W not too long ago. I find it an incredibly capable cartridge today. A .40 cal hole is a .40 cal hole. Personally I have a pseudo love affair with the 9mm as my preferred SD cartridge but I’ll take anything if it means I get to save life. But I digress. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

:rofl:

3 Likes

I own 9’s, .40’s, .45’s, AR’s, AK’s, all sorts of calibers and platforms. It’s fair to assume my disparagement of others for any gun related topic has, does, or will in the future apply to me. Example: AR pistol guys. Used to give them a whole lot of :poop:. Now, I’m planning to build one. It always comes full circle. I give AK guys crap. I’ve got one. .300blk guys got it for a while. Now, I have one. Lever gun guys? Hell, my first rifle was a .30-30. Still have it. Lol. It’s part of the community, Sometimes, you’re talking trash. Sometimes, it’s your turn in the barrel. The trick is to limit your time being ridiculed and roll with the punches when you do get it.

1911’s are antiquated and don’t have a large enough magazine capacity: (I have two)

Glocks are plastic garbage. (I think there’s 6 of those around here)

Beretta M9 is bulky and has a crap trigger. (Oh, that’s right. There’s one here.)

Sig’s are expensive and you’re stupid if you buy them. (So, I did it…twice. Both P226’s.)

See how all this works?

8 Likes

YOU’RE A FILTHY CALIBER WHORE!

7 Likes

That guy is the Madonna of firearm owners.

4 Likes

What do you mean? He’s “like a virgin, touched for the very 1st time”?

5 Likes

More like A dirty whore who thinks his vagina is made of gold :hushed:

4 Likes

My vagina IS made of gold. It’s the result of an unfortunate smelting accident.

4 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

NO!!! NO PICS!!!

4 Likes

Come on…YOLO

3 Likes

7 Likes