Is your business/work safe from a shut down?

Some things are sure to slow down or cease during this chaos,
Sunglasses you could expect to take a hit, but to have your online retail shut down simply because your warehouse is in CA?

Spy optics is one of our affiliates and they sent me this email

Hi Robert,

I hope this finds you well. I wanted to let you know that effective immediately the SPY Optic affiliate program will be pausing as a result of the impact of the COVID-19 virus. SPY Optic is located in California and state mandates have required their warehouse to close, as a result SPY can no longer ship orders.

I will update you as soon as we are operational again and in the meantime please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for all your support and stay safe out there!

(personal info clipped)
SPYOptic.com

12 Likes

I’m still employed. Technically considered auto repair facility & we work on/provide to emergency vehicles. Ambulance, fire truck, National Air Guard. So , we’re not closing

15 Likes

I’m a first responder at the local level, so my job is definitely secure…in the short term anyway.

11 Likes

I am still working we have contracts to fill and are two weeks behind so we are not shutting down . Our sales people have been told no traveling and if anyone go’s out of state they are told to stay home for two weeks and if you have a temp. Over 100 you are sent home.

12 Likes

That sucks for SPY.
My office is closing for at least two weeks. Since I sold the business early this year, I do not have to worry about the staff as much. The new owners have the resources to pay all of the employees at over 600 offices for that time. Since I am salary, I will have to go in daily for a few hours though.

12 Likes

We are still employed. We may be ok since now we are doing marketing and research studies on covid-19. Funny how that works out.

10 Likes

I work in the telecommunications industry. If we shut down you won’t hear about it.

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

7 Likes

Worked my last shift till ??? Last night.

11 Likes

We shut the doors this morning.
Still employed.
But now it will be maintenance and repair for at least the 2 weeks of the executive order.

10 Likes

:joy: :laughing: :rofl:

He does have a sense of humor.

11 Likes

If you look at the list of California companies that still run you will find it’s still pretty extensive. My industry is one of them. Not that my industry is safe right now. I work in oil and gas. No governor has tried to shut us down because they claim energy jobs are essential to the economy. But if the governor doesn’t do it the market will.

9 Likes

The last time Saudi’s punished someone for oil sins Venezuela never recovered. Maybe the Russians will learn this time.

7 Likes

No worries. No rest for the wicked. Until we go dark… :shushing_face:

7 Likes

on days off but still employed

8 Likes

How is CA overall, and your area, its remote, no?

Pretty normal overall?

7 Likes

CA as in not California
the stupid runs deep up here too.
same no toilet paper to be found, kids pulled from school and closed daycares
but the numbers do not reflect the panic and besides that I am pretty sure I got COVID19 last November at the “start” of flu season.

9 Likes

Don’t doubt it and hear that pretty often, who knows, many of us may have already developed antibodies despite it being novel

I hear a chopper right now, Mrs asked if its NA guard

8 Likes

My employer is a real asshole… shut the shop down.
Well, at least I get to do something else now.
:pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag::grin::grin::grin:
Kicken back, eating raisin bread…
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::shushing_face::laughing::laughing::biohazard::biohazard::biohazard:

10 Likes