I've been really busy.

I’ve been expanding our studio over the past two weeks. Sad thing is, this should have been a good full two-day project, but because of my medical issues it’s now just past two weeks, but should be ready to fly for next week Monday when we do #TheMondayNightEdition

The previous setup was built for one person, however, we now do shows of three or four people, and having a camera about five feet away just wasn’t working. The studio area is not 18 feet wide and the camera can be up to 20 feet away, or even more.

Neet to pick up more slat wall and add 3 more feet to the left of the flag, and 8 feet to the right. Center table is for us to sit around, table to right will be additional seating and a show and tell table.

The smithing and loading area will be tucked back in here and will provide additional options for how-to videos etc.

13 Likes

thought you were going to buy a house?

4 Likes

That’s still a year away, and I’m building this in a way I can take it all apart.

5 Likes

That is an awesome project. It’s looking good.

4 Likes

Nearly finished up with the studio. Still need to finish the floor and the work area.

13 Likes

Lookin good TR!!

8 Likes

Shaping up nicely.

7 Likes

Very nice

8 Likes

even appears wheelchair accessible…

8 Likes

Everything looks good, always liked that back drop you have. :+1:

7 Likes

I’m really digging that back wall. Great work!

7 Likes

That really turned out great, nice job TR

6 Likes

Very nice :+1:

7 Likes

Looks really good

5 Likes

Looks great

5 Likes

While I’m laid up, I’ve been ordering lots of stuff for the studio. Today I got a sound mixing board so I can run more than one microphone and still be able to control the levels on each one. However, it turned out to be a rather involved project.

I’m using Blue Yeti microphones, and those are USB mics. But I wasn’t able to find any mixing boards that have USB inputs for a mic. After a lot of research I found some units that will convert those from USB to something the mixing board can handle. But they cast $79 and up, each.

There has to be a cheaper way. I’ve got a couple of old laptops, Hmm. So here’s what I did. I plug the mic into the laptop. I run a program called VoiceMeeter banana, that software allows me to adjust the levels, then send that out through the 3.5mm jack, which goes into the mixing board where I can adjust each mic, add effects and sounds where it’s sent back out of the mixing board to the main computer in the studio.

And it works, like really well. Going to put that mixing board, laptops, and tablet to run podcasts on a cart so that it can be placed anywhere in the studio allowing one person to run the shows and all cameras with ease. After a while, I’m sure I’ll start replacing the laptops, but that will be later on.

8 Likes

Very nice. So many options out these days sometimes we think more on what and how than needed. I’m lost when it comes to the whole live streaming. Done it on my phone but one day we will set it up with our cameras and mics.

4 Likes

Go online and get Streamlabs OBS, it’s free and works really well. Not hard to set it up. I run mine into restream which splits the stream and sends it to periscope, twitch, twitter, youtube, and both of my facebook pages and my own timeline. Once you start getting bigger, the cost goes up. If I had to guess, my operating cost for streaming is about $100 a month. But that can be free if you’re small and just starting out.

Have you ever thought to yourself, self, your desk is too small.

6 Likes

I’ve been able to get about a little easier now, still dealing with a lot of pain, but I’m getting more done. Yesterday my son and I went to the hardware store and I picked up a few items to finish up a few projects in the studio.

Today I finished up my audio cart.

On Sunday my son and I are going to look at a video camera that’s really up on the professional quality scale. It’s an HDV camera, only drawback is I will have to get a firewire expansion card for my computer and a cable. But at 400mbs transfer rates, ya, I’m OK with that.

7 Likes

Lookin good TR. :+1:

7 Likes