IWB holster suggestions for a Glock 20

Yes Alien gear IWB
Interchangeable shells for
Shield 9 - CZ 75 - 1911
Steel core belt for wearing the head knockers.

8 Likes

I have used a crossbreed for years now. But I am switching to owb because I suffer from an old mans problem called noassatall so lbw puts pressure on a nerve and is very painful.

6 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

8 Likes

I had a Crossbreed hybrid IWB holster for Beretta 92FS, which is a fairly large, heavy handgun as you might already know. The Crossbreed was the least uncomfortable IWB holster, but the others I had were just some cheap ones I found at Academy.

I’ve since found Crossbreed type knockoffs that are a bit more affordable than Crossbreed itself for a couple other carry handguns (a fullsize 1911 and a smaller single stack S&W 3913). They’re still the least uncomfortable, beating out Milt Sparks summer carry in comfort, too. So for me, that kind of holster design seems to be more comfortable, but I have a somewhat lean build for whatever that’s worth.

One of the cons of the Crossbreed type design, though, is the ease (or lack thereof) of putting it on and taking it off. It may be lack of practice on my part (I don’t carry as often as I should), but I find this kind of holster a bit more of a pain to put on and take off than the other holsters.

5 Likes

What do you all think of this holster for not only the G20 but the Canik? Works with the 1911 and it is about the same length as a G20 overall.

5 Likes

IWB=larger pants

5 Likes

Yea, I know. Its a problem for sure since I’m already a bit heavy (right now). Hard enough finding decent pants in my size. I just liked the below the belt piece.

3 Likes

Leaning towards this Alien Gear. Thoughts?

https://aliengearholsters.com/glock-20-cloak-slide-owb-holster-outside-the-waistband.html

4 Likes

I have never used any of these type of holsters. I’m a fan of belt slides.

5 Likes

I’d rather resurrect than start new. I was looking for people who like the “FBI forward cant”. I never understood it. It is unnatural to the wrist. Who uses it and why? I am not going to buy one, but wonder if you do, and why you like it.

I’ve noticed. And I decided I guess I don’t care. Maybe I should and don’t know any better.

5 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think the forward cant helps conceal the grip better under a shirt, at least that’s what I noticed when experimenting with different cant angles at the 4 and 5 o’clock carry.

As for holster wear, I don’t care, either, as long as it’s not a fancy, expensive gun. My EDC is an old, LEO trade-in S&W 3913 I got used. But I can see how some folks would care if they carry a really nice, expensive handgun.

6 Likes

Mine is canted, to the rear. Yes, less is exposed. A bunch of them are outside the waistband. It would have to be LEO that doesn’t wear a duty uniform to say. I just wondered about it. It seems like they are popular. I am not counting “TV shows”.

5 Likes

I have a brother that loves glocks (you should hear our conversations) anyway he is also a little overweight and hasn’t found a single IWB that isn’t uncomfortable for him. So if you find one let me know.

6 Likes

I have an Urban Carry G3 and I tried it with my Glock 19, with and without a Baldr Pro light and laser. Concealment is ok, and doesn’t require a top. Comfort is slightly better than kydex, especially if the grip is entirely below the belt. However, I couldn’t achieve that with the Baldr Pro attached.

Overall I found the G3 impractical. Pulling the gun out takes me an extra second compared to a kydex holster. Before you can index your draw hand on the gun you first have to find the magnetic lip, then grab that while avoiding the steel belt clip that’s itching to pry your fingernails off, and then pull the holster out. Also, the leather adds significant friction.

Practice might have sped things up more, but drilling was very slow and not fun, because it’s harder to reholster than to draw. Often the tip of the holster would come completely out and flop outside my pants, so I’d have to partially tuck it first before pushing my gun back in. Time to first shot might be 2 or 3 seconds, but reholstering and tucking my shirt again would take 10 seconds. I’m a decent shot, but the heart, spine and brain are pretty small targets. After I shoot the perp down, maybe I’ll need to use Aikido to control him, or give first aid. I’ll want to keep my attention on him. That’s much easier with a kydex holster.

4 Likes

Now I have Vedder IWB LightTucks for Glock 19 with the Baldr, without it, and for my SIRT pistol in Glock 17 form factor. I’m much happier than with the G3, although the holsters do sometimes pinch. Also, I took a dremel to the Baldr holster to shorten it so that it wouldn’t dig into my leg as much when I sat. BTW, I’m a very skinny dude.

I’m curious about the Alien Gear, since I always carry at least one spare mag in a separate IWB holster. That might be my next holster.

5 Likes

Whoops, I got confused with the Tier I Axis, an appendix IWB holster that holds both your gun and a spare mag.

4 Likes

I like my Alien Gear IWB
The interchangeable shells for different handguns works well for me.
3 main EDC’s - 3 different shells at [IIRC] $14 each.

6 Likes

ditto. what he said. i have carried a rugar sr40c for 3 years now in a iwb holster from alien gear. i did the cloak tuck model. i am slowly losing function in my right arm to rotator cuff problems, so had to go from right side carry to left. i recently got a iwb left hand and several “shells” for my other guns. i also got a under arm holster too. so 6 week wait time sucked. shipping was confusing. i like the steel clips instead of plastic, but they didnt come with mounting hard ware. after all that pissing and moaning i would still recommend them. this is what my 31/2 year old holster looks like now. appendix carry? realy. i cant walk around with a gun pointed at my junk. just cant do it. i like my junk. go with alien gear cloak mod stuff. i have like 4 of them now. just expect a wait.

5 Likes

Kramer gunleather.

3 Likes