IWI, AN AR 15 Challenger?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/03/iwi-an-ar-15-challenger/

8 Likes

I dont see the tavor replacing AR15s but it is a good rifle with its own pros and cons. Really the Tavor has more in common with AKs than ARs.

4 Likes

I love my AR-15s! And I will always own a few. If money were no option, I would have a dozen of the Tavors in different calibers with and without suppressors.

6 Likes

Yeah, just keep rubbin the Tavors in my face, you know I want one.:cry:

7 Likes

I dont think belt fed Tavors exist yet

6 Likes

The Tavor is far superior to the AR15 platform in many ways. However, they run $2k where an AR15 is much less.

3 Likes

I agree. As far as price, to deck out an ar15 to be comparible in quality, how much less $$ would it really be?

2 Likes

I wouldnt say many, I would say its tit for tat. Even the Israelis cant make up their mind on what traits they like more. The biggest things are the AR is more accurate and the Tavor is better in CQ. The rest is really up to the end user, I like the x95 though. I hope the market grows and it drives the prices down.

3 Likes

BCMs go for 1200ish and they are pretty much combat grade ARs for general use, kind of like the Tavor. Aero Precision and PSA (if you know what to look out for and what to check) are good to go and half that price, maybe a little more. The 2k ARs are tack drivers made from premium parts like coated BCGs and higher grade barrels, triggers etc. Those are more refined weapons.

3 Likes

You want a good quality AR, the price is going to be close to the same.

3 Likes

Both have their place. An X95 isn’t going to do well on long range shooting, but will do great in close quarters. I find the X95 to be a far better built system than the AR. IMO

3 Likes

That AR will have a better trigger ,barrel, etc. Standard mil spec ARs are on par with Tavors, performance wise and can be had for about 1k. Aero Precision makes a rifle on par quality wise for $800ish ,all mil spec with no issues. Its an AR15 world right now.

1 Like

I dont, I prefer AR15s still but to each his own. Its apples to oranges.

2 Likes

And it’s getting a little boring. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Lol that I can agree on. The Bren 2 , Kalashnikov USAs stuff and Tavor x95 are looking promising though. We need those to come down in price, honestly a Tavor feels to me like a $1200 gun. I see them regularly for $1500 or so but the price to value is not quite there, imo.

2 Likes

How so?

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on my Tavor 7, been on the waiting list for over 6 months now.

3 Likes

Tavors are built as general use combat rifles, thats what mil spec pretty much is.

2 Likes

Tavor has the piston, chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel, integrated iron sights. Standard milspec ar15 has? to be on par?

2 Likes

Integrated iron sights are NOT a benefit in my opinion. Piston vs DI is an apples vs Oranges arguement, piston is not necessarily better but the CHF barrel is an advantage compared to the Mil Spec AR barrel. Still thats the only real advantage spec wise, BCMs come with CHF barrels for $1200ish though. I built my SOLGW with CHF barrel and a better trigger for $950.

2 Likes