IWI CARMEL

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/07/iwi-carmel/

4 Likes

Looks interesting!

3 Likes

4 Likes

It looks like another polymer 5.56 rifle. Israel hasnt even fully phased out the m16 for the Tavor, what military is going to buy this? I would rather see Tavor prices drop and the aftermarket pick up

5 Likes

I kinda like it, i’ll take one in 308

3 Likes

Interesting. Wonder if Israel is going to phase out their Tavor series and go back to a more traditional rifle design.

3 Likes

Doubt it, from the article…

Given the Israeli Defense Forces current commitment with the TAVOR rifle, it seems that this new rifle is mainly intended to eventual export sales. Program status is believed to be “ready for production”, following some years of in-house development and testing.

1 Like

If that’s the case I really don’t see a big market for this outside of the U.S. Kind of like the Galil ACE, very few military/LEO contracts yet a decent market share in the U.S.

Time will tell. We could both be wrong on this one, LOL.

2 Likes

Yeah, i’d be a rough go if they didn’t sell them to the military. I doubt they would make it long. Problem with buying these new concept and design rifles from new companies is if the parts are not interchangeable with old style rifles, then parts for them would be impossible to get if the company went under. Kinda like the FN FNC, parts are next to impossible to find from what I understand. I haven’t shot mine in years. but I do have a few parts I bought from years past

1 Like

I agree with you that if it doesn’t hit use with military forces, it won’t have a big Market other than for a novelty here in the US. Seems to have some good features with the adjustable stock for length of pull and height, folding stock would make it easier to transport. Looks to have some m-lok slots for attaching on the forend. Not crazy about the plastic body though it may be very light weight. And if I iwi sticks with their normal $2,000 and up per gun, it will have poor sales regardless of quality.

1 Like

$1000 Tavors would still be a better seller, imo.

2 Likes

And I would buy another one for a thousand!

2 Likes

I smh head when I see all these things
There simply gimmick rifles intended to generate civilian revenue
Americans in particular have to always have the greatest and newest thing
They can’t seem to settle for the tried and true

3 Likes