James Yaegers Modern Minutemen videos on youtube

Pretty good short videos. The ones posted below are not all of them to this series.

I used to really dislike this guy for various reasons but after putting that bias aside I’ve been watching his content from the last few years and it has improved quite a bit.real basic but a good intro to various topics.

3 Likes

The guy has been sort a bad apple/“bad ass” type in the past even got in trouble for threatening to kill Obummer and getting booted from YouTube for it. Or standing by targets like they used to do in WW2 and other crazy stuff like that. He has seen combat though from what I understand and is very pro gun and a very pro citizen patriot type of guy.

This was what first sparked controversy about him:

Basically he was in an ambush and dipped for cover while on a security gig. I have not seen war and have no reason nor right to comment or pretend I know what this is like . Just throwing this video out there for you guys who havnt heard of him.

5 Likes

I’m not really a JY fan guy, (seems like a bit of a dick) but I will say that my perspective on the video shows a guy who’s smart enough to get the heck out of a thin skinned disabled car that’s taking a ton of direct fire and get himself to better cover where he might be able to survive and shoot back.
I don’t know, I wasn’t there, but that’s how it appears from my perspective.
I’m sure that others know better…

5 Likes

Yeager is a jack ass for many reasons.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/03/03/tactical-response-instructor-has-negligent-discharge-into-students-vehicle/

3 Likes

Yeager has good advice and bad advice imo
He was a paid schill for cai for backing ak’s that were dangerous and having out of battery detonations

He can be useful
But he has his own best interest in mind

5 Likes

:joy::rofl:
http://soldiersystems.net/2012/12/14/james-yaeger-is-so-sick-of-being-called-a-coward-that-he-will-challenge-you-to-a-duel/

3 Likes

Stupid funny stuff right there :grin:

3 Likes

I can’t see the video from my phone for some reason. But I remember reading about this incident a long time ago.

As an untrained civilian with no military experience, I thought the same thing. I thought the car they were in became immobile and subsequently shot up. I would’ve thought the next best recourse was to get out of there and take cover, which he did at the rear of the car and then later nearby (a ditch?). I didn’t see were he hightailed it and ran away, but maybe I’m misunderstanding what happened? Hopefully military vets can chime in and better explain the controversy to civilian folks like me.

3 Likes

I agree or did. His last few years he appears to have straightened up though. Could be training under this guy that helped. He talks about him here.

Btw, if youre wondering i’m about 90% sure Clint was referring to Gabe Suarez when he was talking about an ex LAPD SWAT playing night vision in the woods and committing felonies.

3 Likes

This isn’t a Yaeger bashing thread. I stated some of the controversies to give people a heads up. My point is he fucked up but appears to have at least attempted to straighten up. I use to despise the guy too. Now im a little more open minded on most of it.

3 Likes

I was just stating facts, not bashing. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

3 Likes

I know, I get it. Same reason I posted the video of him running from his vehicle. The guy has a lot of fuck ups in his past. I just don’t want that to be center attention of the thread instead of the original post.

3 Likes

I just can’t get past his arrogance and piss poor know it all attitude, past & present. His “past” just helps highlight a long track record. I get what your saying though. Praise away…i wont say a word

3 Likes

Understandable and I really don’t want to praise him too much really , I just liked this video series. I wouldn’t train under the guy or anything like that especially after the way he ripped off a close friend of mine years back. Which is one of the reasons I was on the “**** him” bandwagon for the longest time. He definitely hurt his own credibility with his track record though. No arguement from me on that.

3 Likes

By the way, I thought those videos in the original post were pretty good. The handheld radio vid and gun/battle belt were especially informative. And I never knew certain smoke grenades were available to the public. Not sure what I would use one for except to maybe act as a signal if I’m ever lost in the wilderness?

3 Likes