Jews: Truly the Elder Brothers of Catholics - OnePeterFive

You can read or play the text on the page with the audio button, I liked it !

4 Likes

As any Christian should we should all pray for the peace and conversion of Israel. I agree with that.

4 Likes

I’ve had some back and forth on the need, but also not spent a ton of time on it, part of my wondering is verses like this

4 Likes

That verse reference’s a old testament prophetic verse in reference to Jesus . His sacrifice on the Cross though rejected by them(Jews) is their saving grace because of the price of redemption shed for them even though they be blind to it. God being one who cannot lie and who never goes back on a promise. As seen in further verses “beloved for the Fathers sake”
Points to the fact that He will indeed change the heart of his chosen peoples . And the fact that they are the enemies of the Gospel was for our benefit because through their rejection “partly due to blindness” we were grafted in . This all of course being known of the Father before the foundation of the world.

4 Likes

That’s not easy to refute, but how do you explain the preceding verse?

And 28 affirms their election

And they do believe in the Messiah, but did not recognize Him, hence the blindness, after His reconstruction the disciples walked with Him not recognizing Him, until He wanted to be recognized, they were not damned, its an odd thing I can’t so easily grasp as black or white.

4 Likes

Verse 25 Our own conceits being that we have directly accepted Jesus and did not reject him thinking that the Jews wont make it. Also adding that when the dispensation of grace given to the gentiles is complete then the time of the restoration and regeneration of the Jews will take place mentioning this as a mystery.
For during the great Tribulation period a 144,000 jews will be sealed 12,000 from the 12 tribes the remant that God Promised not to destroy.

Verse 28 Does point to the fact of election and although many have converted many still have not and are still spread out all over the world.
Election speaking specifically of the fact that God chose them and made a promise and will fullfill it.

4 Likes

Prayers are fine . . . because they don’t effect anyone. Like thoughts, they are nebulous in the real world. But I think we should give Jerusalem back to the Caananites and start over.

4 Likes

Well, I certainly can understand the sentiment seeing how they have been so stubborn and blind . But indeed that will not be tbe case as John writes its a mystery …one for which non of us will understand until we arrive in heaven after all of hell is put down.

3 Likes

@Robert also would add the Revelation 7:9,10 elude to the fact that these sealed 144,000 witness to many during the tribulation period .

4 Likes

No? How about the person praying?

Perhaps that’s due to application

What is real anyhow?

Our bodies are made of some 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms (give or take) , we know the results of splitting one but not much past that, and we don’t yet know much about forcing two or more together, both yield energy, so our bodies contain how much potential energy through physical applications? how much can they yield through design application?

I’d have to agree, they are

Which is why I don’t understand how this works for them, but I suppose that’s the whole eye/beam/mote thing in action

4 Likes

Y’all really don’t think prayer can set spiritual things in motion? Maybe I misunderstood you, you did use that big word nebulous. I’ll have to Google it.

4 Likes

nebulous

hazy, vague, indistinct, or confused: a nebulous recollection of the meeting; a nebulous distinction between pride and conceit. cloudy or cloudlike.

4 Likes

I did as well, but don’t get tripped up by the big words, small ones are just as tricky

6 Likes

Schoolhouse rock is the best!

6 Likes

Because God Can’t break a promise. Breaking a promise is same as lying and so we see here …
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
Titus:1:2

5 Likes

Please, lay it out for me with respect to the Jews salvation, I can use the help understanding it :+1:

5 Likes

Salvation has come to many Jews ,but alas they are shunned by those stuck in the law . The law was their schoolmaster but as we all know a student must be willing to learn also. Alas those who are not converted before the end of this dispensation of Grace ends. Which will be at the gathering out. Will be hear during the tribulation and during that time many are judged and die but as always God brings forth a remnant . And he has 144,000 sealed Jews.

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Ezekiel:36:24-28

And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Revelation:7:4And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Revelation:14:1-3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Revelation:14:3-5

Those 144,000 spend the 7 yrs. Evangelizing and winning souls for Christ .

Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Revelation:7:12-17

4 Likes

Trillion ?? Of Godzilliaon ??

4 Likes

Googol

4 Likes

Israel’s Tribes, not just Judah

5 Likes