John Taffin was right

9 Likes

Stuck on the Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk in 45 Colt.
Ive never had a better fast draw hand gun.

6 Likes

Ditto on the Ruger 3 screw 45. What I pack in the woods.
Gets a 300gr XTP going just under 1200fps out of a 4-5/8" barrel.

45colt1.8x72

45colt.8x72

7 Likes

Thats what I use if I dont use lead. Now for hunting I use a 300gr. Hard cast from a Lee Molde. In my mix it drops at 295gr. Must be from the Tin in it. Its Hardball Mix . I get it from rotometals in Ohio. For self defense the XTP is hard to Beat seen @hickok45 showing some hardcast 45 lead vs. XTP and the expansion was pretty massive.

5 Likes

The Freedom Arms Model 97 is great but for me it’s the Blackhawk. I know this is personal but I like the NM.

7 Likes

I bet you are a member on arboristsite

5 Likes

Those new models are pretty in the stainless .
I have notice the new model has a dovetail to change that front sight. Did the old model have that ability.

4 Likes

Nope. Near as I can tell they are milled from a solid piece and soldered on.
The new model single six is solid and screwed to the barrel.
The Mag-Na-Port and the Bowens are a step up.
Bowens are pinned Mag-Na-Port looks like a 3 screw sight except for the insert.

5 Likes

here is my 45 colt/acp nm Blackhawks front sight.

4 Likes

That is definantly a one piece and soldered on. @shooterrex
I think I like those Bowens pretty well @ alboswift. There is another guy @albroswift that you probably know. I really eeally really like his sights and builds. Hit the 3 tabs in the left and look at those mirrored front sights @albroswift & @BillWaits

3 Likes

Looks like my kind of people.

4 Likes

1967 Ruger 3 screw.
The guy I got it from stuffed it behind his toilet in the 80s. The leather holster was stuck to the metal, and there was a cleaning brush broken off inside the cylinder and barrel.

Note the bullet deflector at the bottom of the quick draw holster.
It was made in 1959. Never had to use it, but it was a safety measure to protect your knee.

3 Likes

Lol , I wonder if another rig could be made like that then testfired. I would be curious to know if the bullet would got straight through it . :thinking:
Oh my aching knee :rofl:

3 Likes

Black powder rounds, very slow. I got it because my quick draw teacher had one.
Never tested it myself
And I found it on egay for $12

3 Likes

I dont have a BP revolver… great now I am gonna have to go get one and buy that same holster from egay just to test my theory

3 Likes

They claim that big name people have bought his sights . Even the likes of John Taffin @albroswift

3 Likes

Before 1894 all firearms were black powder. If it uses straight wall cases, it is a black powder firearm.

3 Likes

I like that line of reasoning.

4 Likes
5 Likes

The first smokeless powder firearm was the 1894 Winchester.
Everything before that WAS black powder.

4 Likes