Just cast some big boys.

Just cast 56 bullets in .69 claiber, 485gr for the cannon I’ll be getting shortly.

11 Likes

Yer makin me want another musket gun.

5 Likes

I have two black powder now, a .44 pistol, and a .50 rifle. I’m also in the process of building another Kentucky long gun in .50 for school. I’m also going to be ordering a .69 caliber cannon in about a week. My son and I will be building that. I also found a site that sells 1/2 scale cannon barrels, you just build the carriage. I’m super interested in that.

6 Likes

I love black powder shooting and the guns. I usually go through 10 to 12 pounds of powder in a summer. hadn’t shot them much this year. been too busy and the suckers cut down my shooting woods. and deer camps too far to drive just to shoot for a day and it’a also been miserably hot and humid this summer. ok…that’s enough excuses.lol

5 Likes

I know the feeling. I’ve been getting some time in at the indoor range, but they don’t allow BP. The fact that it hasn’t stopped raining here for more than a few days at a time for the past six months just makes hitting the outdoor range hard.

3 Likes

Can you share the link?

4 Likes

This is what they did to the road I used to go shoot at,

Picture0918191526_1

4 Likes

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/category/category_id/541/name/Cannons+%26+Cannon+Kits/

2 Likes

4 Likes

Would musketballs be more accurate if they were cast with dimples like golf balls?

4 Likes

Only if they spin. The dimples don’t make the ball more accurate, just improves the resistance through the air.

4 Likes