Just had my mind blown a bit

Let me start by saying I don’t believe in ghosts or Bigfoot etc.
So today I’m stopped at a traffic light (first car) and there is a guy standing on the corner with a yellow MNWD (Moulton Nigel Water District) vest waiting for the walk sign.
Walk sign goes on and he proceeds to walk into the crosswalk holding a can of paint… and a single dowsing rod. I almost chuckled until he was just about in front of my truck and I saw (with me own 2 eyes) the rod suddenly make a firm 90 degree shift to the right.
The guy bends down, sprays some paint on the pavement, and walks back to the sidewalk.
I don’t believe in this stuff. There’s no physics behind it. From what I’ve seen in vids and reading the believers can find virtually anything with the same rods by just thinking about what they’re looking for. Total BS. Right?
So why would a legit water company use this to find a pipe? I have to believe they know how far from the corner the pipe is.
Are they looking for a leak? A void in the ground.
Or am I nuts?
I put this in the survival category cuz maybe just maybe someone out there counts on this to find stuff like water. Try if you can to enlighten me.

6 Likes

That is mind blowing… :thinking:

it wont work with just one :nerd_face:

4 Likes

quote=“Robert, post:2, topic:12241”]
wont work with just one :nerd_face:
[/quote]

Funny.
But I’m dumbfounded that a city agency is actually relying on this hocus pocus. [

2 Likes

Perhaps they are liberals

5 Likes

We have bigfeet here, the knowers claim they are inter-dimensional beings that operate in clans. Supposedly they are far more intelligent than humans and remain a secret society… Im not even kidding, i played along for a bit then went and got drunk, there was nothing else for me to say.

3 Likes

The bigfeet probably are, they seen the last first-lady was one of them so its an identity politics type of thing.

4 Likes

The guy was messing with you. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Was cleaning my pistol (Taurus G2C) the other day and lost the ejector pin spring. it hit the ceiling and landed somewhere in the carpet, dark carpet. Anyways, was reading this thread on divining rods and decided to give it a shot. Spent 10 min picturing the spring and concentrating on it. Got the rods and walked around the room. Rods crossed in the vicinity of where i was working, got my flashlight and looked real close to where rods crossed. guess what, found my spring in less than 2 min. The spring is black, 3/8" long, less than 1/8" in dia. Could be placebo, could be some kind of psychic antenna related thing, but it did work. I did contact Taurus about the spring and they are sending another for free, guess I will have another on hand for just-in-case.

4 Likes

So you had some dowsing rods just sitting around?

They seem cheap enough. Might get a set and have my wife bury a gold ring or something out on our desert property. See if I can find it.
But I’m not gonna do that until I got absolutely nothing better to do.
I do have a metal detector as backup.

4 Likes

Nah, just made some real quick out of a metal clothes hanger. Hangers make some good rods, used them many times finding underground water/water pipes.

4 Likes

California, enough said.

3 Likes

The knowers are pretty serious about their nonsense. Even laughing at them gets them all worked up, if you ever meet one just play along for a bit and it will come out.

5 Likes

This

3 Likes

My favorite fellow, he debunks all the B.S. by putting out a million dollar prize and people come to try to collect in public under controlled conditions.

4 Likes

What confounds me is that while illusionists know the trick and their actions are for profit, this utility worker (as well as the guys in this video) do it without knowing it’s a trick and not for profit. Well the guys in the video do but they still appear to genuinely believe. I’m assuming of course that this guy has other duties that justify his pay check.
I also with zero super powers know where the water mains run. I’ve lived here long enough to see them dig up several times. This guy with the company surely know as well. So why go through this exercise

I intend to test this myself this weekend. (saving a few bucks cuz I learned you can do this with coat hangers or probably even a wishbone from last thanksgiving’s dinner. I will try my best to not make any movements but I think this is all deeply subconscious. Hence the ability to deceive yourself.

And yep… cuz I’ve nothing better to do in 100+ degree weather

4 Likes

everyone of those Australians divine for profit, don’t be fooled and they as they get older and their luck improves they do start to believe in their own lies.

2 Likes

This

2 Likes

Obviously. Hence this statement.

My comment that they genuinely believe is because if they knew they were intentionally deceiving people they wouldn’t allow themselves to be tested.

Again my amazement is not the action. It’s how easily people can deceive themselves.

2 Likes

kind of funny you would bring this up
one season the company I worked for was doing pipeline survey/profiles and we tried “divining” , And we could do it with what appeared to be as accurate as the RF equipment. But sudden it went to crap when we tried to do it blind

5 Likes

Can we get a video of you doing this? We’ll all pitch in on a full30 card :credit_card: <—— like this one

4 Likes